Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sithael
Nov 11, 2004
I'm a Sad Panda too!

blingasaurus rex posted:

Ableton 7. I don't think I meant bandpass filter, I think I meant a brickwall high/low cut filter. Logic has one, I want to be able to eliminate everything above/below a certain frequency. I think you can probably do it in Ableton but I think it's more complicated than it has to be. Or maybe I'm dumb.

Lets see..

Audio effects >

"Auto filter"
"EQ Three"
"EQ Eight"
"Filter Delay"
"Resonators"

I'd say you're dumb, but you said it for me. Honestly, how can you miss it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sithael
Nov 11, 2004
I'm a Sad Panda too!

ManoliIsFat posted:

These are the only ones that'll do him any good.

Yeah but they can still do it. Also, Resonators is awesome to use with a guitar, it gets a nice sitar like sound.

sithael
Nov 11, 2004
I'm a Sad Panda too!

squidgee posted:

There really can only be one response to this: lol

(Granted, the other ones are what he needs, but Filter Delay and Resonators are nothing like what he needs)

They might be more complex than what he needs it for but they can do it, so i included them.

sithael
Nov 11, 2004
I'm a Sad Panda too!

Terrible Horse posted:

Can anyone point me in the right direction on how to create that panicked, rave-y stab synth? The opening chords of this track http://nz.youtube.com/watch?v=RblVmEOFXY8 are pretty much what I'm talking about. It sounds simple but I haven't been able to replicate it.

Sounds like saw waves and portamento to me.

sithael
Nov 11, 2004
I'm a Sad Panda too!
X-stations are pretty cool, it's a decent hardware synth, midi controller, effects processor and audio interface. Xiosynth is cheaper but less controls, same synth engine but no effects on external stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sithael
Nov 11, 2004
I'm a Sad Panda too!
I think the Xiosynth is about the same price as microkorg (300~ a few months ago), I'd recommend that over a Microkorg, it's the little brother to the X-station and has an audio interface.

• Locked thread