Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RedNeptune
Jun 21, 2006

Gear question here! I just came into some money, so I'm pretty much ready to spend it on completing my setup here. :) I hope this is the right place for these questions and if not just let me know - I just didn't want to start another thread just for this poo poo. Anywho!

To get this out of the way, as far as the "what kind of music are you trying to play?" question goes, I'm not really sure. I do all kinds of poo poo from ambient to new wavy poo poo to gothic to industrial to trance to straight funk so I'm really looking for something to keep my options open as to what I'm in the mood to play.

I've got a Korg R3, Kaoss Pad KP3, (and I love them both) and a mixer that is just not working for me. What I need at this point is something to make beats with, a reliable and practical mixer, and some equipment for actually recording this poo poo on to my computer. Ultimately, I'm looking to be able to use this poo poo for live performance hence my decision to go with gear instead of just doing stuff on the computer. I like the actual "playing" part too, but I digress.

I have been looking into an Electribe for the beats, but is there anything along the lines of the Electribe that is maybe a bit less spendy but can basically do the same thing? Price isn't too concerning, but I'm certainly not looking to waste my money when I could otherwise be spending it better. Any models in particular?

I'm also looking for a good setup for recording into my computer, so as far as sound cards go any suggestions there? My desktop is about 6 years old now but still runs pretty well. Just set up dual monitors though which should be helpful.

edit: Oh, I'm also looking for a new mixer, one that specifically has effects in and out because mine does not and it blows for getting the right sounds out of the kaoss pad.Like I said I got money to spend, just don't want to be blowing it all unnecessarly.

Thanks much in advance. :)

RedNeptune fucked around with this message at 20:36 on Apr 5, 2008

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread