Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tosk
Feb 22, 2013

I am sorry. I have no vices for you to exploit.

That chapter was sublime

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mercury Hat
May 28, 2006

SharkTales!
Woo-oo!

More than anything, I want Cordelia to have a good life. I love her so much.

Emzedoh
Jun 26, 2013

Alert! A Thermae Romae sequel is now being simulreleased on Mangaplus!

Fairly big spoiler in the first chapter if you haven't read the original all the way to the end, mind.

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
After everything that's gone down in Central Asia I can't help but view these England chapters as being pretty small-ball.

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde
His mother is the greatest challenge though

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

For an 1800s English hoity toit, the dad came to grips with things surprisingly fast.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Rody One Half posted:

For an 1800s English hoity toit, the dad came to grips with things surprisingly fast.
Smith not being the eldest also counts for a lot here I'd imagine. That and not coming home in a pine box.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Emzedoh posted:

Alert! A Thermae Romae sequel is now being simulreleased on Mangaplus!

Fairly big spoiler in the first chapter if you haven't read the original all the way to the end, mind.

Oh huh, a timeskip to the last years of Antoninus Pius. And Marcus Aurelius is there as well.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

New Vinland Saga.

Alright, that's enough good feelings from the last chapter.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Big Knife

Larry Cum Free
Jun 3, 2022

move it or lose it dillweed
It's all grim and terrible, but that guy is just so drat happy about his sword :3:

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
Wow you suck dude, first time this dude ever got a sword and he whooped your rear end with it effortlessly. Guess you suck at war, shouldn't have been clamoring for it.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Most people aren't built for war sorry to say.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Punkin Spunkin posted:

Wow you suck dude, first time this dude ever got a sword and he whooped your rear end with it effortlessly. Guess you suck at war, shouldn't have been clamoring for it.

Ivar wasn't clamoring for war as much as he wanted armed deterrence instead of Thorfinn's absolute pacifism. It was his buddies who wanted to started poo poo with the Lnu.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
Fair, fair

Kassad
Nov 12, 2005

It's about time.

Larry Cum Free posted:

It's all grim and terrible, but that guy is just so drat happy about his sword :3:

It is an extremely sharp sword

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
Ivar kicked off a lot of the initial animosity by cutting off the Lnu shaman's arm, and now a Lnu warrior cut his arm off, with the very same sword.

Eiba
Jul 26, 2007

Plutonis posted:

Ivar wasn't clamoring for war as much as he wanted armed deterrence instead of Thorfinn's absolute pacifism. It was his buddies who wanted to started poo poo with the Lnu.
Ivar brought the sword in the first place because he thought it was better to look strong and have the option to easily kill. He reasoned that they wouldn't be safe if they didn't have the power to kill their neighbors. And now, well, their neighbors want that power and a the conflict that's happening is worse because that power is present.

Ivar wouldn't have lost his hand if he hadn't insisted on holding on to the power to easily kill.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
This dumbass never played fire emblem
Dude probably never even had a gba what a loser

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Sleep, rest, do your best.
There’s still time for everything to work out fine and this end up as an alt-history series, right?

Eiba
Jul 26, 2007

PringleCreamEgg posted:

There’s still time for everything to work out fine and this end up as an alt-history series, right?
Not really. Vinland seems doomed. The best we can hope is good characters getting to disappear off among the native people while most of the Norse return home.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.
But the thing they've learned is that the native people are....just people. It's not some mythical holy land free from strife they find themselves in. It's just a place. The people are just people. Maybe they could live in peace here, maybe not. Back home the Viking Age is dead or dying, depending on how you want to consider it. Most of the poo poo they were running away from isn't meaningfully going to happen again. They could just as easily go home and live lives of peace. Or not. Again, just a place, not some mythical hellscape doomed to eternal conflict.

"Vinland" was an idealistic dream, and that dream is over. And that's sad, but it's not the end of the world. You know, for the people still alive.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Plutonis posted:

To be exact Ivar wanted war, but he didn’t want the war to be his fault

Larry Cum Free
Jun 3, 2022

move it or lose it dillweed
Thorfinn and Cordelia are going to beat down the entire Lnu raiding party with non-lethal fisticuffs like it's a Yakuza game. Then they will give a scathing speech that will make the Lnu change their ways. The language barrier won't be an issue because they will have put their feelings into their fists.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Not that relevant to the current chapters but I really like that Bug Eyes is an actual character and not just a joke that Leif found the wrong lookalike to Thorfinn

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
https://twitter.com/MangaMoguraRE/status/1779132189537443933?t=2b4DeAN3ujpaSdEPDnGZWg&s=19

Not far now. But what the end will look like only history knows.