Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sandpiper
Jun 1, 2007

hhehehehehe

cooldude2.0 posted:

You cost me a good night's sleep but it was worth it. It was really only chapter 43 that had sketchy art but at least it didn't drop to anywhere near Hunter X Hunter levels.

It alternates a lot between "wow that's awesome" and "wow that's sad".

43 was sketchy because they translated the "magazine release" version. The ones that were scanned before were volume releases that were redone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sandpiper
Jun 1, 2007

hhehehehehe

Jackard posted:

If I had more restraint I'd read this once a year

That chapter was interesting but seriously nothing significant happened

that's because it's setting up for the super action

sandpiper
Jun 1, 2007

hhehehehehe

Vire posted:

I just looked back at the beginning of the manga to now the later chapters and the art has gotten insanely detailed compared to the start. I honestly don't know how he gets those chapters done in a month with the amount of detail and crosshatching he dose it's ridiculous. I mean it would take me 4 hours just to trace one panel let alone the whole page.
Yeah, I'm surprised. Even Historie's author has completely different drawings for volume release. Take his spread of a city. I don't have the volume release version for this one, but compare this spread from a magazine scan

Click here for the full 900x646 image.

with this spread from a volume

Click here for the full 900x639 image.

Makes me surprised that anyone can do a monthly chapter with the kind of detail in Vinland Saga, even with assistants

sandpiper fucked around with this message at 13:19 on May 7, 2010

sandpiper
Jun 1, 2007

hhehehehehe

JosephWongKS posted:

Vinland Saga is a monthly and not a weekly, though.

Not that it in any way diminishes the mangaka and his assistants' achievements, of course.

Just give me more Farmville Saga already, drat it.

Whoops, my mistake. I believe both Historie and Vinland saga are monthly, that was a typo on my part.

sandpiper
Jun 1, 2007

hhehehehehe
Found it. Here's a proper comparison.

Click here for the full 823x1199 image.

sandpiper
Jun 1, 2007

hhehehehehe
http://somemango.com/manga/Historie/68/

Well, this was a funny chapter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sandpiper
Jun 1, 2007

hhehehehehe

Munin posted:

Anyone know if they are releasin volumes of it as well? Hopefully the art is better there.

Also, that bit at the end was nifty and the first panel of the next chapter should be rather messy...

They do. He redraws volume releases.

You should see how amazing the improvement is with some chapters.