Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SHAOLIN FUCKFIEND
Jan 21, 2008

Settling on Askeladd as the villain's name... That guy is a goofy fairytale trickster to any Norwegian. :haw: I'll be reading this, though.

SHAOLIN FUCKFIEND fucked around with this message at 16:12 on Mar 7, 2008

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SHAOLIN FUCKFIEND
Jan 21, 2008

Started reading now. So far, I am delighted. Wonderful artwork, historical accuracy, accurate Norwegian language. :D And Askeladd kicks rear end.

Thorfinn is a bit bland, but I suspect he will become more interesting as his backstory is unveiled.

Also, Don't make me chain you. :gonk:

SHAOLIN FUCKFIEND
Jan 21, 2008

More fluff on the Askeladden character and its orgins.

SHAOLIN FUCKFIEND
Jan 21, 2008

Thorkell's horse uppercut is one of the best things I've ever seen in a manga.

SHAOLIN FUCKFIEND
Jan 21, 2008

Infinitum posted:

http://www.onemanga.com/Vinland_Saga/41/

An Avatar's weakness: Glass jaw
Oh man, when I was reading I thought you meant the prince, and I was really excited about getting to see him punched it in the face. :(

Also, Askeladden really is a goddamn scoundrel.

SHAOLIN FUCKFIEND
Jan 21, 2008

I want this to be animated IF they start when the series is well towards completion so it doesn't suffer from Berserk Syndrome. :smith:

SHAOLIN FUCKFIEND
Jan 21, 2008

Where's the scanlations? Is Spore taking a break or something? :(

SHAOLIN FUCKFIEND
Jan 21, 2008

It's a great trend, if you ask me.

SHAOLIN FUCKFIEND
Jan 21, 2008

Canute, you magnificent bastard...

SHAOLIN FUCKFIEND
Jan 21, 2008

Overwhelming amounts of rapeface this week.

edit holy poo poo Askeladd. holy poo poo.

SHAOLIN FUCKFIEND fucked around with this message at 03:19 on Sep 27, 2008

SHAOLIN FUCKFIEND
Jan 21, 2008

Hopefully this will shut the brat up for a while.

SHAOLIN FUCKFIEND
Jan 21, 2008

That was fantastic, as usual. :D

SHAOLIN FUCKFIEND
Jan 21, 2008

I feel pretty sure that Askeladd's gonna be killed by Thorfinn eventually at this point.

SHAOLIN FUCKFIEND
Jan 21, 2008

DamnGlitch posted:

Uh well yeah. Did you need to spoiler that?
Losing precious seconds mousing over it?

I think the change of character could have been given more time but in the end it doesn't really matter. The plot started to really move because of it and it's a monthly release so I dont wanna wait and wait for poo poo to happen.

SHAOLIN FUCKFIEND
Jan 21, 2008

Goddamn I love the artwork. Next to BAA: Last Order, this is definitively the best series to follow for eye candy. I dont have much to add except that Thorfinn's take-face mirrored my own.

SHAOLIN FUCKFIEND
Jan 21, 2008

Goddamn this owns. I love how he wrapped it all up, going to be exciting to see how this goes.

SHAOLIN FUCKFIEND
Jan 21, 2008

Thorfinnlooks goony as gently caress.

SHAOLIN FUCKFIEND
Jan 21, 2008

Uggggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

SHAOLIN FUCKFIEND
Jan 21, 2008

FATHER FROST!!! :argh:

SHAOLIN FUCKFIEND
Jan 21, 2008

Otoyomegatari was so relaxing to read. Going to have to start following that too.

God, why can't I get introduced to a COMPLETED, amazing monthly manga for once? :smith:

SHAOLIN FUCKFIEND
Jan 21, 2008

Really interesting, especially compared to others I've seen (Yukito Kishiro does practically everything on his mac)

SHAOLIN FUCKFIEND
Jan 21, 2008

That was definitively very interesting. I hope someone will translate the rest, apparently there is a total of 20 volumes out. As well as a live-action drama that was quite well received in Japan.

SHAOLIN FUCKFIEND
Jan 21, 2008

Yep, gently caress Gardar. Great chapter, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SHAOLIN FUCKFIEND
Jan 21, 2008

I had forgotten how edgy Linkin Park Thorfinn was.