Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Punc
Nov 3, 2009

Ass to Ass.
Loving Canute's new look. Reading the last couple of chapters made me feel a silence before a storm. Eagerly awaiting said storm.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Punc
Nov 3, 2009

Ass to Ass.
Not sure if this was posted yet, but Ad Astra - Scipio to Hannibal is about Hannibal (the elephant dude). Seems like it's updated monthly.

Punc
Nov 3, 2009

Ass to Ass.

Eiba posted:

On an unrelated note... Gudrid's story is unbearably sad. Her sitting on a rock looking at Lief's map in the sand was really good. I like the idea of being so inspired by some lines in the sand, with only the barest inkling of what their true implication was. It must have felt like learning astronomy today- understanding the numbers just enough to get a slight impression of how incredibly massive our universe is, and how tiny our world is. To snap from that to... marital politics, so utterly petty, but horrifyingly life-consuming, was... quite the transition. And no one around her cares in the slightest.

Forget stowing away, she drat well better end up invited on Thorfinn's expedition, by people who understand and care about what she's going on about, because it's pretty god drat depressing now.

Yeah, that was pretty heartbreaking to see. Hopefully Gudrid will be able to come, just by switching places with Haughty McQueen. Without too much bloodshed and stuff.

I'm also starting to realize that the prelude really was a prelude. If we're first going to Greece and it's the same length as going to Vinland. My god, we're not even halfway through this story are we...

Punc
Nov 3, 2009

Ass to Ass.
Yeah, I'm really liking Ad Astra. It's triggering all sorts of stuff from history class I've forgotten. The art is great as well.

Punc
Nov 3, 2009

Ass to Ass.

achillesforever6 posted:

It gets better when its revealed that Alexander has a multiple personality disorder and his other personality is known as Hephaistion :psyboom:

Historically it's pretty clear that Alexander and Hephaistion had a gay thing going on, so does this mean that in the manga Alexander *really* loves himself?

Punc
Nov 3, 2009

Ass to Ass.
Some more Hannibal action Ad Astra - Scipio to Hannibal chapter 4.

Hannibal is pretty good with words and :smug:

Punc
Nov 3, 2009

Ass to Ass.
New Ad Astra Scipio to Hannibal

In which Hannibal wrecks everybody and will most likely lure them to his side. Also elephants!

Punc
Nov 3, 2009

Ass to Ass.
New Vinland Saga
Wonder how he'll fight her when he doesn't want to fight

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Punc
Nov 3, 2009

Ass to Ass.
New Vinland Saga

In which both sides make excellent arguments. Doubt that the poison was real and can't wait until Einer takes an arrow to prove that Throfin is OK. Hopefully he won't die while doing so :ohdear: