Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rakugoon
Jul 30, 2010

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Guys shut up the farm's going to be okay and they'll buy their freedom and Einar will marry that girl and everybody's going to be happy. :(

At least when the farm burns down, it'll be drawn really well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rakugoon
Jul 30, 2010

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Volume posted:

The key word is now. Now that the plot is actually developing and going somewhere it's getting intresting. Before there was nothing but day today life that had no impact on anything. Horse punching is awesome. We can all agree but even earlier the non combat chapters were good too. With Canute and Askaled trying to outwit and maneuver the king, those were good too cause something was happening. The start of the farm arc though just hit a dead stop to anything.

Yeah all that introduction to a major character, his circumstances, developing his relationship with Thorfinn, and generally settling into the current status quo sure was a waste of time.

Rakugoon
Jul 30, 2010

by Y Kant Ozma Post

lool75 posted:

I´m not so sure, I´ll bet good money on more americans not knowing who Leifur Eiríksson is

Uuuuuuuuggghhhh. Maybe you should reread the thread to know what he meant? Pretty much every reference has been explained.

Rakugoon
Jul 30, 2010

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Well that was the best thing loving ever.

Rakugoon
Jul 30, 2010

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Thorfinn converts to Christianity and joins a monastery. He and Einar spend the rest of their lives doing housechores and observing vows of silence.

The Manga lasts 500 chapters.

Rakugoon
Jul 30, 2010

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Askeladd, Hell yeah!

If anyone wasn't enjoying Farmville this probably isn't going to redeem the manga in their eyes (I think it rules, I would make all manga peaceful period pieces if I could)

Rakugoon
Jul 30, 2010

by Y Kant Ozma Post
I'm about 16 chapters into Emma right now.

I feel kind of disgruntled because I like the love-rival more than the titular character.

Rakugoon
Jul 30, 2010

by Y Kant Ozma Post
It has Alain, that's all the popular appeal I'd need.

Rakugoon
Jul 30, 2010

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Yeah this guy isn't really companion material, I think he'll be an antagonist seeing as the guy in charge of making sure he doesn't kill everyone is buds with our farmer-heroes now.

Rakugoon
Jul 30, 2010

by Y Kant Ozma Post
That Viking has a loving delinquent pompadour. I never thought I'd see the day.

I guess that means its official: every manga worth reading has delinquents.

Rakugoon
Jul 30, 2010

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Oh did anyone else notice how much that servant girl looks like Thorfinn's sister from long ago?

Rakugoon
Jul 30, 2010

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Eh. Call me when the next crop comes in.

Rakugoon
Jul 30, 2010

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Yeah yeah but what about the harvest!?

Rakugoon
Jul 30, 2010

by Y Kant Ozma Post
The stupid vikings-killing-crap stuff was mostly for the prologue in case you didn't notice! The entire point is that farming>raiding. Hopefully the next chapter will focus on the important things like weather and soil quality.

Rakugoon
Jul 30, 2010

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Oh yeah the Canute sections are the best by far I gotta say. Especially now that they've developed a bit of a cast beyond Canute/his dad's head.

Rakugoon
Jul 30, 2010

by Y Kant Ozma Post
They're a good deal taller than most manga too. Plus the whole hardback thing makes it kind of a lovely release.

Rakugoon
Jul 30, 2010

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Doc Hawkins posted:

I was about to say that would be historically inaccurate, but I guess Thorfinn No. 2 can go to Vinland instead.

Nah Thorfinn's family settles down--Thorkell goes to find Vinland both out of boredom and disappointment in Canute.

Rakugoon
Jul 30, 2010

by Y Kant Ozma Post
NOOOOOOOOOOOO

Poor Einar.

Rakugoon
Jul 30, 2010

by Y Kant Ozma Post
I really like that the protagonist is superficially a nice guy, but when push comes to shove he's a total Bismarckian bastard.

Rakugoon
Jul 30, 2010

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Seriously that dude killed like a million people.

Rakugoon
Jul 30, 2010

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Yeah but he also killed everyone in between.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rakugoon
Jul 30, 2010

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Feel like Thorkell is going to save everybody 'cuz he's so sick of Canute at this point.