Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Vinland updated

https://readms.net/r/vinland_saga/166/6311/1

Whoever expected Halfdan to end up being as cool a dude as he is being.

MonsterEnvy fucked around with this message at 02:33 on Nov 10, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

god, if you pointed to halfdan when he was first introduced and said in a hundred and fifty chapters he'd be an adorable old dude i would not have believed it

Yeah. Like I thought he would be a villain of some kind. Instead while scary he has been nothing but helpful.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
I really do wonder what would have happened to the world had Thorfinn's settlement worked out.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Lt. Lizard posted:

On the other hand, ~500 years is more than enough for the population to recover and gain immunities and the colonization of the Americas would look completely different if 95% of the native population wasn't dead becouse of the plague at the time.

The Colonization may never have even happened if the Norse were able to work out some peaceful relations with the Indigenous Peoples.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
There is a new Vinland up.

https://cubari.moe/read/imgur/U4DEuu1/1/1/

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Vinland Saga 185

https://read-vinlandsaga.com/manga/vinland-saga-chapter-185/

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Uggh. It kind of hurts. I kind of want this to become a what if story that would show what would happen if the Norse where not driven away.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Brandfarlig posted:

It could still turn around. Doesn't look like it will but it could. The saddest thing is that killing Torfinn and co doesn't matter. Men with guns will come anyway.

Well things will for sure happen that way only if they get rid of Thorfinn

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
It would heavily depend on tribe.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
https://mangadex.org/chapter/11f07cf1-d89f-4838-8a68-5cb7c7d1d410/1

No one linked the new chapter.

Things are not great, but better than I expected. I feel Thorfinn needs to kick Ivar's rear end just to get a message across.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
I think that if Thorfinn fought Eonar and kicked his rear end, that would be enough to get him to calm down.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Hypocrisy posted:

You almost have to admire how quick Styrk's mind works.

Yeah he's way way smarter than he looks. A few times in some earlier chapters he seemed pretty clever as he was the one who did the best arguments. But until this chapter I did not realize he basically caught on to near everything.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Sydin posted:

S2 of the anime is really good, thanks for coming to my TED talk.

I really like the change from the manga that Einar actually does try to kill Thorfinn instead of immediately thinking better of it, and has his calling Thorfinn his friend delayed a bit until after they've worked together a longer. I think it sells their respective traumas a bit better.

I don't think Einar actually does.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
It’s really good.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
That was a short chapter

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
That’s not good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Plutonis posted:

Ivar wasn't clamoring for war as much as he wanted armed deterrence instead of Thorfinn's absolute pacifism. It was his buddies who wanted to started poo poo with the Lnu.

To be exact Ivar wanted war, but he didn’t want the war to be his fault