Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

kurona_bright posted:

From the same localization group, the nineteenth chapter of Dungeon Meshi came out.

These character interactions (especially those in the final page) are gold. :allears:
That Gnome is really annoying and I cannot wait for the Dungeon to chew him up and spit him out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
So not only did she make a friend, but now she's realizing that old boy actually likes the real her.
Everything is coming up Pariya these past few chapters.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Rodyle posted:

Oh MAN those last two sets :smith:

Don't worry, she'll find that watch eventually...right?

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
New Vinland Saga is up on /a/. We get to see the touching reunion of Thorfinn and Thorkell.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
A little progress to them, a tease to us. But now we have confirmed that Mr. Smith will have to go back. Keep the dream alive!!

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

BravestOfTheLamps posted:

My mistake, they're animating Wolfsmund instead.

As angering as that entire manga was. I'd welcome an adaptation only to see how ludicrous the censorship becomes as things progress.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

JosephWongKS posted:

I'd be happy if they put half their budget into Thorkell's fights.

I'm ready for high definition horse punching.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

EmmyOk posted:

Do they do dubbing?

I believe that Amazon just handles subtitles for shows aired internationally.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Mraagvpeine posted:

This is a neat thread. I read a few series based on historical stuff, though I'm not sure if they work for this thread. Does the Munakata series count?

I don't see why not? I think taking an archeological perspective to telling a story about history still counts and I definitely enjoy that series as well. In general Hoshino Yukinobu is an author where I like all of his works; both his historical works and his science fiction originals and adaptations.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Mors Rattus posted:

Otoyomegatari!

Now with old timey camera.

Now I'm wondering if there was any more significance to Smith throwing away his original pocket watch outside of him venting his frustrations. It would have been too perfect if this had happened, but I half expected Talas to show up with the watch after acquiring it through a series of events. I guess it's just sitting in the dirt now tarnishing.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

He's definitely got a concussion.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Epoxy Bulletin posted:

I feel like the art is best appreciated in print on this one, but this is still great for me as I'm trying to keep my library portable right now.
Digital is better for series that really rely on spreads as not having the page broken gives you the full effect. I also agree that print is mostly better for this series but there are a few 2-pagers where the division got on my nerves. Nothing that was a deal breaker from purchasing though.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
An entire chapter of the magnificent adventures of Tick Tock is all I could have ever asked for.
I'd have asked for it back though

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
The problem I always have with shows that mix 2D and 3D animation is how obvious the transitions look. Thorkell running and attacking the mast just really sticks out even if you discount the textures on his model. His colors look a lot more flat even if the scene is happening on a cloudy night. And the guys he cut just aren't moving in any area, not even their clothes in the wind. Granted 2D animation can also have this problem.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
Kaoru Mori had a couple chapters for this month instead of a Bride's Tale chapter. One got translated and it's set back in England with a lovely woman inheriting her rich relatives house, and the maid who works there.
https://mangadex.org/chapter/547595/1
Short and sweet, there is also an Emma chapter that will hopefully be translated in the future.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Mimesweeper posted:

that's a really cool model, i hope it catches on. scanlations can be hit and miss and while they're usually pretty good since they're a labor of love i'm sure a translator working directly with the original creator would be able to do the best job accurately conveying things in english.
I remember the mangaka for 'Flower Knight Dakini' was able to crowd fund his story and get English translations as well which was equally as niche a series so it's good these guys are able to generate enough attention to make their goals.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
New chapter of Kusuriya no Hitorigoto
Anyone who read the Light Novel know what was in the bags?

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Mraagvpeine posted:

Dildos to practice the stuff they learned.

Thanks, I saw the hand gestures but thought there was something more to it than that.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Plutonis posted:

Thorfinn is incredibly stupid.
At least this arc is finally over.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Breadmaster posted:

Another chapter of Otoyomegatari, with some gorgeous hair.

She whips her hair back and forth

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
Someone picked up an older work of Kenya Suzuki's, the guy who does 'Please Tell Me! Galko-san', called Princess Candle. about a princess whose half-brother seems to have taken the throne from her father, and sentenced her to live on a Monastery. Gonna give it a go but the tragedy tag has me concerned.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
There was a new chapter of Otoyomegatari, still the quiet travel chapters

CrashScreen posted:

Surely it's only usually called filler when it exists to pad a series out because they're in increasing danger of catching up to the source material? It's not really filler if it's additional content that's supposed to serve or benefit the scene?

Though I'll agree that it sucks that they dumped three episodes at once, but only because I'm impatient and have to wait.
A lot of the additions to the Naruto anime after a while were meant to expand on character backstories and motivations as well as flesh out aspects of the ninja world. I still call it filler myself. Really, there's no reason for a series with as much content going forward as Vinland Saga to have anything additional added because there's no risk of catching up.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
Otoyomegatari continues it's backtrack with Mr. Smith and Talas. We're back to the house of the lesbians Sworn sisters and much merrymaking is to be expected.

Talas is best girl I will furiously debate anyone who disagrees. :colbert:

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
New Bride's Tale In which Mr. Hawkins writes a letter and we get to meet the Smith Family.
The translator has also decided to drop this series after this chapter so kudos to them for keeping up with this for 6 years.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
A Bride's Story continues. More photos

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

That Works posted:

:hfive:

You know, Kingdom isn't the very best manga out there in terms of art, story, style etc but I've gotta say, it gets put out every week for years without fail, is always advancing the plot and always delivering some moment of badass. It's just a great constant every week.

Is this dynasty warriors or something? Who is the one guy chopping horses into chunks?

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

big dyke energy posted:

I was really disappointed with the quality on the most recent Otoyomegatari, but another version was posted!

Seems both groups are going to collaborate in the future which is good. Because these guys not stitching together that 2 page spread with the stained glass was a crime to Kaoru Mori.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
And now a third group enters the frey for Translating Otoyomegatari this time with a new chapter :nws: because we're back in the bathhouse and there's not a shirt in sight but we get more sisterly bonding.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
The backwards trek through Otoyomegatari brings us to the village of the twin brides. Hopefully they can pull off a house party without shaming their entire village.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
I am disappointed Seigland is neither an actual raptor, nor a Harpy. This is good enough to overcome that shortcoming.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Plutonis posted:

-Incredibly good art
It's Itoh Sei, that's all I needed to see. He does great collaborations.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
Jojo gave us the Aztec Gods of Fitness. Otoyomegatari has given us the Tajik Goddesses of fashion

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
The forum might be going up in flames but you can always cool off at the beach.*

*beaches may actually be closed or undesireable to visit at this time so exercise due caution.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
Bad news for the Smith crew in Otoyomegatari; the Russians have arrived. Good news is that NIkolovsky and Ali are basically special forces agents.

The man makes an improvised bayonet so he can 1v10 these guys. :black101:
Not reckless my rear end

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
Random chapter of Shirley dropped. Always remember to check your pantry before engaging in baking.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
A Bride's Story is back up and running. Just casually reminding us that the russians are still coming :ohdear:

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Story takes place in and around where modern day Kazakhstan will be. Karlok and Pariya live in Uzbekistan and this is all taking place in the 19th century. A casual google search would probably put it closer to 186X since that's when I am finding Russia attacking Uzbekistan and the nomads that also lived in the steppes.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
New chapter of A Bride's Tale. I'm not saying anything but Nice Horse

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

new (kind of old) chapter of otoyomegatari

in which we see the most direct courting arc yet in this series

I just heard phantom Oprah in my head while reading this chapter. YOU get a wife, and YOU get a wife, and YOUUUUU get a wife. I'm happy for the three amigos

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
While I enjoyed re-reading it all, I'm glad that the horse race in Otoyomegatari is finally over. Good times all around even when Behke pulls her loving sword

This face screams peak smug.