Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Is it me or is there some kind of upsurge of non-Japanese historical/political comics going on lately (by which I mean late 2007)? Between Vinland Saga, Historie and Cesare we've got uniformly excellent manga about European history on one hand, and on the other things like Akamatsu and Team Medical Dragon which are openly critising Japanese society (the economy and medical practises respectively).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Oh yes. I'm anticipating Cesare getting even better if it gets as far as Cesare's government career, since it seems they're taking some historical liberties by introducing Niccolò motherfucking Machiavelli to his early years.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
About drat time.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Yes Thorfinn has been completely upstaged at this point. I never really cared for him except as a device to get Thorkell/Askeladd/Canute to do awesome poo poo.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Oh my God if that was the prologue I can't wait to see what the real story is going to be.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Oyotomegatari is the embodiment of :unsmith:.

Pretty much all the author's stuff is just incredibly relaxing and interesting to read like this and you totally should.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
I've been re-reading Vinland Saga and Otoyo and god drat but a well-told historical comic is just a fantastic thing. The casts are so great too. Maybe all these authors are cribbing from the same muse but characters like Thorkell and Amira and Eumenes really are just a joy to read about even if they're not actually doing anything but talking.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
They're on The Viking Workout.

Step 1: Push over a forest

There is no step 2.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
You're a good man, Charlie Brown.

edit; Hahaha that was loving great.

Pierson fucked around with this message at 16:53 on Nov 9, 2011

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Yeah great work man, thanks a ton.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Otoyomegatari: The Ultimate Chillout Zone.

Thanks for the translations dude.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
You do a drat good job Epoxy.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Man the months of buildup just made that one chapter all the more incredible.

Askeladd. :allears:

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Handsome Squidward moved to ancient China and became a general.

Guess which.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
goddamnit get those huge tittays out of the way they're blocking the gorgeous backgrounds and embroidery

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Do not read Wolfsmund.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
The amount of shoujo flower-borders was almost overwhelming.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice

TheFallenEvincar posted:

did you even bother reading the plot description? It's THE same series
It isn't.

Edit: It's finally happened, I can't tell if a joke is being told or not.

Pierson fucked around with this message at 18:06 on Mar 19, 2016

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Thorkell is present and so the chapter is Good.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
I can't fuckin believe they transplanted his head onto an older more built guy.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Sig's chill buddies who respond to his "YOU'RE NOT MY FRIENDS YOU'RE MY MINIONS" with "nah we're totally the only friends you have" rule. This series has so many great side characters.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Golden Kamui fuckin' rules.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Are they dropping subtle hints throughout that series that the girl has been reincarnated/travelled through time or am I crazy?

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice

Rody One Half posted:

Mori: "Girls? Girls girls. Girls girls gurls! GIRLS!"
She's right.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Jin is really good and is my favourite type of "I was thrown backwards through time with modern knowledge and the skills to implement them" which is when they (not really a huge spoiler but it was a nice moment in the series) throw out worries about changing timelines and just go all-in on introducing the good tech.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Mori seeking to answer the question of how much Pretty Stuff you can fit into a single page.