Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

enigma74
Aug 5, 2005
a lean lobster who probably doesn't even taste good.
Heh, I was actually about to make a post on Vinland Saga myself. Go figure. For those who haven't read it yet I think Vinland Saga starts up a bit slow but is exploding into awesomeness in the current plot arc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

enigma74
Aug 5, 2005
Regarding the recent developments with Askeladd starting in the late 30's chapters: (it's a super spoiler)

I'm beginning to see him as more of an anti-hero, who might not be the 'bad guy'. The real bad guy might just be the king of the Danes, King Sweyn. Askeladd has already said that he really hates Danes on two occasions and is actually a descendant of Artorius, some kind of Welsh hero-king.

Although, his willingness to order the mass murder of an entire village makes him a bit unappealing as a main character.

enigma74 fucked around with this message at 15:39 on Mar 8, 2008

enigma74
Aug 5, 2005
I'm mentally wrestling of 'saving' chapter 40 to read later for when I'm really bored or just caving in to the temptation.

Edit: Goddamn another cliffhanger!

enigma74 fucked around with this message at 18:03 on Mar 9, 2008

enigma74
Aug 5, 2005

Motorball posted:

Where's the scanlations? Is Spore taking a break or something? :(

It's probably because Vinland Saga is released monthly :smith:

enigma74
Aug 5, 2005

Brannock posted:

I've been trying to get into Historie but the first few chapters are just so aggressively bland. On the first few pages of the first chapter a girl gets eviscerated and it's the most :geno: thing. Every panel is stiff with people staring at each other.

I really want to like Historie, it's rare that we get stories about classical times, but... does it get better?

Late reply here, but Historie does get better. The first few chapters were a bit slow, but liked the art style so I stuck with it. You won't be disappointed!

Unless you finish reading all the available material, then you'll be really sad because there's nothing left.