Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

herbert the clam
Apr 28, 2008
POSTER: Me
VEHICLE: 1987 Nissan Maxima
GOAL: A comfortable daily driver
DIFFICULTY: I've never done car work before but it's going smoothly
COSTS: Hopefully everything will get fixed for under $2000, plus $1100 for the car.
LINK: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=2836062

My dad bought it for me, because I "need a reliable car, not a sporty car like a Camaro." It needs a transmission rebuild, rear brakes are half useless, parking brake is shot, gas filler needs replacing and then a good number of other odds and ends, basically it was a lemon.

Currently the transmission is out and disassembled. Once it's rebuilt and back in, I'll take care of the brakes and gas filler.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU