Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CatBus
May 12, 2001

Who wants a mustache ride?
Main project:
POSTER: Me
VEHICLE: 1979 International Scout II
GOAL: Restoration
DIFFICULTY: Don't even think about it.
COSTS: Probably less than $3-5k for materials and vehicle so far. Maybe $5-10k for tools :P
LINK: The archives are down, so here are two offsite links:

Basic project history.

Progress thread from 2007.

I started it in July 0f 1995, so I've got at least a year on frozenphil's marathon Mustang, even though he refuses to admit it ;) It was originally scheduled as a one-summer project. Heh.

It's mostly done at this point, at least for major work. I hit a bit of a paint snag at the end of last summer. After fixing that to the tune of about 60+ hours, I was burned out and haven't touched it since then.

Before (sometime in 1995 or 1996):

Recent

Secondary Project:
POSTER: Me
VEHICLE: 1982 Ford F150
GOAL: Fix rust, make prettier, practice painting
DIFFICULTY: Don't even think about it, but I knocked this one out in like a month or two.
COSTS: Probably less than $3k total for materials and vehicle.
LINK: The archives are down, so here is a summary of those threads:

General start to finish page.

Before:

After:

CatBus fucked around with this message at 23:14 on Mar 13, 2008

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU