Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sandbagger SA
Aug 12, 2003

Giant Thighs.
Painted Threads.
Just Off the Highway.
SHAMEFUL LIST OF JEEPS

POSTER: Me (Commissargribb)
VEHICLE: 1987 AMC Jeep Wrangler Laredo (4.2L Auto)
GOAL: fix problems and shortcomings and maybe make it more capable for off-roading.
DIFFICULTY: Probably a good choice for my first foray into auto mechanics
COSTS: Growing every day- there's a reason why they say "Just Empty Every Pocket"
LINK: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3388505

My dad picked this up for me when I was in Iraq back around 2004 for under $1000 and had the engine replaced. I drove it on and off for a few years but only really started tooling around/working on it about 2 years ago.

VEHICLE: 1948 Willys Overland CJ2A
GOAL: Remove rust, rebuild, get it to run
DIFFICULTY: HOLYDOGSHIT WHAT HAVE I GOT INTO?
COSTS: $2.2k to start though by the time i'm done, it'll probably be 3 times that.

*update* The '48 was too much for me and I ended up selling it on Craigslist.

Before

VEHICLE: 1988 Jeep Comanche Eliminator 4x2
GOAL: Convert to 4x4 and build up to be ultimate winter weather/mild off roading/chores doing small pickup.
DIFFICULTY: Shouldn't be as hopeless as my last two jeep projects.
COSTS: $800 initially. I had to repair quite a bit that the PO "repaired" before me.

Sandbagger SA fucked around with this message at 02:31 on Jan 22, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU