Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MrSaturn
Sep 8, 2004

Go ahead, laugh. They all laugh at first...
GOAL: Somewhat of a resto-mod. I bought the car 2 years ago with the intent to rebuild the motor, convert it to 5-speed from auto, and repaint the body. I'm also going to put disc brakes on it eventually, so stopping doesn't kill me.
DIFFICULTY: gently caress me running I'll never finish this.
COSTS: $5000 to get the california car to me (it was in NY when I found it, I live in CT). so far I've spent probably $5000 more on rebuilding the engine and various parts that were missing.
LINK: They've all sunk into the archives, I'll make a new one soon.

Pics coming once I dig them up.

EDIT: Finally some pictures!

MrSaturn fucked around with this message at 13:14 on Mar 28, 2008

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrSaturn
Sep 8, 2004

Go ahead, laugh. They all laugh at first...
POSTER: MrSaturn
VEHICLE: 1966 Chevrolet Corvair Corsa
GOAL: I need a summer driver that gets better than the 8mpg my 66 DeVille gets. This little jobby should get 15-20.
DIFFICULTY: HOpefully only about a month to finish. I've never touched anything aircooled before, so there's a lot of new challenges for me. Also, the old owner basically took all the clutch/throttle/shift linkages off the car, so I have to figure out how to hook all that back up again.
COSTS: $1550 for the car, about $400 in parts so far.
LINK: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=2830632