Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

General_Failure
Apr 17, 2005
POSTER: Me, of course
VEHICLE: 1975 VW Camper converted by Land Cruisers Australia
GOAL: To get it in to road registerable condition.
DIFFICULTY: Easy in theory. Parts and time are scarce.
COSTS: More than I want to admit.
LINK: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3208986
Part one is in archives somewhere.

This van used to be my daily driver until about 6 years ago when an engine failure made me take it off the road.
Since then it has been dragged halfway around the country, had it's engine messed with a lot, had other bits fabricated, replaced or repaired and been given a real Frankenstein job.

Before and current photos are pending.

If there are any generous individuals out there with archives, would you be so kind as to dig up my old thread and give me a copy somehow so I can shove the highlights into my current thread?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

General_Failure
Apr 17, 2005
POSTER: General_Failure
VEHICLE: 1987 Lada Niva
GOAL: To restore it to a register-able condition to use as a runabout and fun car.
DIFFICULTY: Fairly easy but very comprehensive. Everything needs work.
COSTS: As little as humanly possible.
LINK: Of Crop Fields and Viking Ships

Where it's at now.

General_Failure fucked around with this message at 01:04 on Jun 29, 2013