Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Disciple of Pain
Dec 4, 2005
HURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Disciple of Pain
Dec 4, 2005
POSTER: Disciple of Pain
VEHICLE: 1963 Ford Fairlane 500
GOAL: Finish a project for once. Make a low-budget rat-rod style driver for fun and probably profit.
DIFFICULTY: Nothing crazy. Motor is good, no major rust. I'm prepared to tackle everything else. Some welding on the body and possibly swapping the odd-ball 221 V8 for a 289 or 302.
COSTS: Car: $600. Parts, Supplies, Transport, etc: Spent - $100. Planned Future Expenses (for making it a safe, reliable driver without swapping the motor/trans) - $250. Total - <$1000
LINK:1962... 1963 Ford Fairlane 500

Disciple of Pain
Dec 4, 2005
VEHICLE: Mag-One 1978 Toyota Celica GT
GOAL: Build a budget-friendly and fun-to-drive rallycross car.
DIFFICULTY: Depends on how much I break!
COSTS: Car: $350, Parts so far: $63 (car is ready to race although there are a few more things I will want to do before the first event - mudflaps, valve cover gasket, etc)
LINK: The Neverending Quest for a Rally Car... 1978 Celica GT?

Disciple of Pain
Dec 4, 2005
VEHICLE: 1974 Volkswagen Station Wagon Kombi Walkthrough (AKA a non-camper VW Bus)
GOAL: Something to bop around town in during restoration. Eventually I would like to make it into a "weekender" camper (no pop-top). Possibly with some Camper model parts, some stuff I will make myself.
DIFFICULTY: Not too bad at all, but who knows. Its a VW, so nothing is too difficult.
COSTS: Bus will cost either $600 (with just the front seats and no rear interior), or $700 (with all of the interior parts out of a '73 European model Westphalia camper).
LINK: I'll make a thread soon.

This is kind of a placeholder, right now I just have $100 down on it until I get paid and can go pick it up on Friday.

It doesn't have a windshield currently installed, so it should be an interesting 11.3 mile drive home (it is in my town, I will try to stick to side-streets as much as possible).