Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lukano
Apr 28, 2003

kapalama posted:

Is there a liveCD for scaredy cats?

Better yet, is there a live-cd with a gui and some tools?

Specifically I have an NVRAID raid-0 array that's not detecting in Windows or Linux (dmraid is giving me headaches and I was informed that BSD will work with nvraid arrays with a lot less effort) so I'd like to give it a try in BSD.

I do believe the array is being detected, as it sees ad4 and ad6 which are then turned into ar0 (or so says dmesg).

I just haven't the foggiest clue what to do with ar0 once it's there. Various attempts to mount it or the ar0s1 showing up in /dev/ are without result. I've been trying the basics like 'mount -t [fs] /dev/ar0 /mnt/temp/' with [fs] being ntfs or auto - but they're not working.

So I guess it's a problem with two solutions. If there's a livecd that'll make this easy as pie, great - alternately if someone can suggest some command line solutions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread