Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Share Bear
Apr 27, 2004

What kind of wireless NAS things are available? There's the Apple Time Capsule but that's obviously a rip.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Share Bear
Apr 27, 2004

I have to know something about mdadm before I get started and everything else seems to assume you have blank volumes when creating your raid. I have a 1TB drive I'd like to RAID-0 to a new 1TB drive, but I am afraid that mdadm might corrupt or ruin the data on the original drive. Does the mdadm process automatically copy over this data to the new drive? Or should I do something else first?

Share Bear
Apr 27, 2004

I'm just saving up enough money in my bullshit budget to pick one up, a synology. I've grown to hate a lot of online streaming services and would rather just archive my own stuff locally.