Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hobo
Dec 12, 2007

Forum bum
This is a more general question rather than a what's wrong with this code question.

I need to adjust a login screen so that when the user enters details and submits, it logs them into both a system that being developed, as well as phpBB3. Note that while the actual database for the two is the same, the system user table is different from the phpBB3 user tables for various reasons.

Basically the way this should work is fill in form, and get logged into the system and phpBB3 at the same time, but I'm having trouble figuring out how phpBB3 handles that sort of thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hobo
Dec 12, 2007

Forum bum

Evil Angry Cat posted:

Follow the path of the form being submitted and you'll find where phpBB is handling the request, from there just input your own login code. The action attribute of the login form will say something like "login.php?step=2" then just find that part of login.php and hey presto, you can use the login.

What do I do about the SID that phpBB3 passes? Not sure how it generates that.

Hobo
Dec 12, 2007

Forum bum

Evil Angry Cat posted:

If you're just hijacking the login so you can log yourself in elsewhere you don't need to follow that. You want it so you login you user to your main site as well as phpbb when they login? Well just find where phpbb logs in and add your own login code to that section, no need to follow phpBB's lead.

The problem is, it needs to be the other way, i.e. adding phpBB's login code to the main site's code, rather than vice versa. If it was the other way around, it would be simpler as I could look at a few plugins I know about, but hey, requirements documents and all that prevent me from doing it the simple way. :/

Are you saying it would be possible to just totally ignore the SID?