Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Khorne
May 1, 2002
Nevermind.

Khorne fucked around with this message at 20:14 on Apr 6, 2008

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khorne
May 1, 2002
Are there any extremely light-weight CMS systems that are easy to modify to fit in to an existing framework?

Things I am looking for:

Very simple user table (accountId, Username, Password, Email, Access) so it can just use the existing one
News posts/static pages (updates / information pages)
Article types with varying access requirements and an easy way for admins to revert edits (wiki-like system for documentation)
Loads a php file and passes it an array or object with page information (no smarty, no intricate templating systems)

All requirements don't have to be met. I know I am going to have to modify whatever I do choose to use. I cringe at the sight of most CMS systems I've checked out. TikiWiki and MediaWiki are bloated and geared more toward lame wiki sites than practical applications. Most of the smaller CMS projects seem poorly implemented or downright bad.

I'm fairly close to coding it myself, but it's a bad idea for me to take on another project. I have far too many left unfinished and an ever decreasing amount of free time.

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Munkeymon posted:

Have you looked at DokuWiki? I know it's not really a CMS, but neither are those, and it's pretty easy to set up and use.

Edit: http://www.dokuwiki.org/
That is perfect. Thanks.

Khorne
May 1, 2002
How am I supposed to handle timezones in php? The DateTime object seems bloated and unportable.

Edit: What I meant to ask is, what method do you personally prefer for handling timezones in php and other web languages?

Khorne fucked around with this message at 23:35 on Dec 29, 2008