Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

astral
Apr 26, 2004

ModeSix posted:

I checked this in both light and dark mode and I don't think the code=php tag is a good solution for PHP code.

It reaches mostly acceptable levels on light mode, but downright bad on dark mode.

How is the code=php tag now? Thanks to some good feedback in the technical forum, the code highlighting system has been updated. Additional code highlighting improvements will be forthcoming.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

astral
Apr 26, 2004

ModeSix posted:

The blue on blue is still... difficult to read.

This is using the PHP tag.

It's like there's a smurf hiding in a blueberry patch. :v:moz-extension://7515d330-bff0-465d-ac48-15c628eba573/images/quick-reply-close.gif

On the code=php tag it's super easy to read.

You can check this post as a reference: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?noseen=1&threadid=2802621&pagenumber=219&perpage=40#post514831916

Nothing changed about the [php] tag; that's its own thing. I'm talking about the [code=] tags which were being discussed as a possible replacement for the [php] tag. I'll edit my previous post to be more specific. Sorry about that.

e: glad to hear the new code=php tag highlighting is looking good to other people, though :shobon:

astral
Apr 26, 2004

SpaceAceJase posted:

I'm in perpetual PHP5 refactor hell and I don't see the end in sight.

I'm so, so tired.

:smugdog: