Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

oRenj9
Aug 3, 2004

Who loves oRenj soda?!?
College Slice
Don\\'t should be Don\\\'t ;).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oRenj9
Aug 3, 2004

Who loves oRenj soda?!?
College Slice
edit: fixed.

oRenj9 fucked around with this message at 21:34 on Mar 22, 2012

oRenj9
Aug 3, 2004

Who loves oRenj soda?!?
College Slice
Does anybody have any experience with HipHop? Are there any gotchas (besides the lack of eval) to look out for? Does it work pretty well for CLI PHP applications?

oRenj9
Aug 3, 2004

Who loves oRenj soda?!?
College Slice

musclecoder posted:

I think the first question anyone would ask is why are you using it?

Haha, I had three paragraphs written about that, but decided to delete it. Suffice to say that distributing the software I'm currently working on as a pre-compiled binary would dramatically cut down on the amount of system administration work that I have to perform. My desire is to make it sufficiently difficult for anybody with access to the machine to modify our source code and have it redirect the data we collect somewhere else.