Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

deimos
Nov 30, 2006

Forget it man this bat is whack, it's got poobrain!

quote:

Mode #cobol +b *!*@*.hu

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deimos
Nov 30, 2006

Z-Bo posted:

A blue shed will survive a nuclear holocaust in the event the power plant nukes itself. When someone looks at the blueprints for this facility 10,000 years from now after the radioactivity has decayed, people will look at it and recognize it is a blue shed.

not enough namedropping in this post.

deimos
Nov 30, 2006

MasterSlowPoke posted:

There are no comments. That c/p is from the source code for Eve Online, and over half of it is fully undocumented.

That usually happens when you DECOMPILE source. That's not stolen source. I wish people would stop saying this poo poo.

Edit: wait a second, that's not even python.

deimos
Nov 30, 2006

MasterSlowPoke posted:

There was a leak. If this were merely decompiled it'd be out there for a long time now.

It's apparently "stackless python", a language pretty much exclusively used by CCP for Eve. I'm unsure how it differs from Python as I've never used it.

That's not stackless python or any kind of python. Stackless and CPython have pretty much the same syntax (but various different behaviours).

That looks like C or delphi.

crazypenguin posted:

This statement would seem to contradict the half that IS documented, wouldn't it?

not if they're docstrings

deimos
Nov 30, 2006

Smackbilly posted:

Agreed. We don't need a full whacko APL keyboard, but it would be pretty nice to at least have characters for basic set operations (intersect, union, subset, superset), and a single glyph for -> on normal keyboards. I'd even be happy with settling for a bigraph for subset-or-equal and superset-or-equal.

Python would like a word with you.

deimos
Nov 30, 2006

meba rhodium posted:

:aaa:

I've been trying to wrap my head around this one line of code for hours and I still have no idea. And none of it is commented, in case you feel that ifpf67_ptr, FP_MCOM_CSMSST or FP_MCOM_MSOFBF aren't descriptive enough names for you.

Calling Nebby here to ILLUSTRATE TO YOUR PLEBE BRAIN how SUPERIOR HUNGARIAN NOTATION is.

deimos
Nov 30, 2006

In SQL:
code:
Lower(p.town) LIKE Lower(' + '''%lowecasetownname%''' + ')
Yes, that's part of a bigger WTF, a loving stored procedure that concatenates strings to create a SQL statement which it then executes. (This particular section using a series of OR statements to compare a city name to sections of the city.)
:smithicide:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deimos
Nov 30, 2006

Can't give many details but this is a typical New Relic page on the CMS we use:

Features:
- 500+ SQL queries to show most pages, all stored procedures (in this example some queries were cached)
- all content served from the same aspx page
- coded in Visual Basic and it seems so convoluted that even the smallest changes require at least a week
- No useful version control
- Any small change requires DB changes and they are done in a non-backwards compatibleway (haha you want to revert to what version?)

Needless to say it's getting replaced.

deimos fucked around with this message at 16:18 on Oct 1, 2012