Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bitreaper
Jan 1, 2007

First day on my new job, confronted with this:

INSERT INTO Applications ( Password, AccessLevel, MemberNum, MemberType, MemberExpiry, PCExpiry, AccountCreated, Title, FirstName, LastName, Gender, Lang, BirthdayMonth, BirthdayDay, BirthdayYear, HomePhone, WorkPhone, MobilePhone, FAX, Email, Street, Apartment, PostalCode, City, Province, Country, MailingSame, MailStreet, MailApartment, MailPostalCode, MailCity, MailProvince, MailCountry, Sport, Passport, , L2F, L2FMonth, L2FYear, L2FSport, L3F, L3FMonth, L3FYear, L3FSport, L4R, L4RMonth, L4RYear, L4RLocation, L4F, L4FMonth, L4FYear, L4FSport, NCID, NCIDMonth, NCIDYear, NCIDLocation, L5F, L5FMonth, L5FYear, L5FSport, Uni1Name, Uni1FromMonth, Uni1FromYear, Uni1ToMonth, Uni1ToYear, Uni1Program, Uni1Degree, Uni2Name, Uni2FromMonth, Uni2FromYear, Uni2ToMonth, Uni2ToYear, Uni2Program, Uni2Degree, Equivalence, Course1Name, Course1FromMonth, Course1FromYear, Course1ToMonth, Course1ToYear, Course1Degree, Course2Name, Course2FromMonth, Course2FromYear, Course2ToMonth, Course2ToYear, Course2Degree, WorkedGames, WorkedOlympics, WorkedParalympic, WorkedCommonwealth, WorkedPanam, WorkedCanada, International, IntAthlete, IntSeries, IntFromMonth, IntFromYear, IntToMonth, IntToYear, Emp1ActiveYear, Emp1WeekHours, Emp1YearMonths, Emp1EverFullTime, Emp1EverLocation, Emp1EverFromMonth, Emp1EverFromYear, Emp1EverToMonth, Emp1EverToYear, Emp1Name, Emp1FromMonth, Emp1FromYear, Emp1ToMonth, Emp1ToYear, Emp1Position, Emp1FullTime, Emp1Street, Emp1Apartment, Emp1City, Emp1Province, Emp1PostalCode, Emp1Contact, Emp1Phone, Emp1Income, Emp2Name, Emp2FromMonth, Emp2FromYear, Emp2ToMonth, Emp2ToYear, Emp2Position, Emp2FullTime, Emp2Street, Emp2Apartment, Emp2City, Emp2Province, Emp2PostalCode, Emp2Contact, Emp2Phone, Emp2Income, Emp3Name, Emp3FromMonth, Emp3FromYear, Emp3ToMonth, Emp3ToYear, Emp3Position, Emp3FullTime, Emp3Street, Emp3Apartment, Emp3City, Emp3Province, Emp3PostalCode, Emp3Contact, Emp3Phone, Emp3Income ) VALUES ('','member','','Associate Member','7/2/2009','3/3/2010','6/2/2008','Mr.','Fake','Fakington',0,1,0,0,0,'','','','','fake@gmail.com','','','','','','0',0,'','','','','','0','0','',0,0,0,'0',0,0,0,'0',0,0,0,'',0,0,0,'0','0',0,'0',0,0,0,0,'','',0,0,0,0,'','','',0,0,0,0,'','',0,'',0,0,0,0,'','',0,0,0,0,'',0,0,0,0,0,0,'','',0,0,0,0,'',0,0,0,0,0,'',0,0,0,0,0,0,0,'',0,'','','','','','','',0,'',0,0,0,0,'',0,'','','','','','','',0,'',0,0,0,0,'',0,'','','','','','','',0)

Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error '80040e14'

[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Line 1: Incorrect syntax near ','.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bitreaper
Jan 1, 2007

I got a call because a website I'd written a while back was "broken in IE fix it now". Some other guy had been making changes to the site and had no idea what was broken, so I figured it was easier just to fix all the rendering bugs by adding a conditional stylesheet than to try to track down his changes. I spent about half an hour hacking together fixes for everything before I realized what the problem was. He had removed the doctype and <html> tag entirely, sitewide, which sent IE into quirks mode and subsequently some kind of horrible deathspin. To date I have no idea what his rationale for doing that could have been.

bitreaper
Jan 1, 2007

pokeyman posted:

It's funny; I laughed at the error message, then noticed what I imagine is the error (quoted) one second later.

Why can't I do that with my own code...

Weird, that's exactly what I did; I ran it through a validator and it just told me there was an error on line 1, then I noticed the double comma.

bitreaper
Jan 1, 2007

I thought it was Posix REGular expressions, and pcre was the perl ones.