Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

grimace
Jun 20, 2001

Jon Bence don't take
no phone surveys
because he's dead
RIP 19__ - 2009, 580 lbs
Most of the stuff that I find that makes me want to die is far more basic than the other stuff posted so far. Like this:

code:
//string st = MessageBox.Show("Are you sure you want to delete?","Delete",MessageBoxButtons.YesNo).ToString ();
            //if (st == "Yes")
            //{

try
            {
                /*
                code that actually deletes something
                */
                Label7.Visible = true;
                Label7.Text = "Deleted Successfully";
            }
            catch (Exception ex)
            {
                Label7.Visible = true;
                Label7.Text = "Can't Delete. <br/> Following Exception raised " + ex;
            }
// }
Yes, this is in an ASP.NET site.

edit: It gets better. Every control on the page is generically named (LinkButton1, LinkButton2, Label3, Label4, etc), and whoever wrote it used at least 4 labels (that I can initially see) instead of validators for error messages.

Also, every method has SQL in it, and it's all inline. Better yet, half of it is duplicated from another page.

grimace fucked around with this message at 19:55 on Mar 26, 2008

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU