Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

aeiou
Jul 12, 2006

It's cold in here...
Just kidding! It's to
fool enemies..

Jethro posted:

He was SO close to independently developing the FOR-CASE paradigm

-- Ratty

I have seen this a couple times in code at work and i fail to understand HOW people come up with this. And then afterword not realize that they could just have put all the statements in a row? Am I missing something here?

At my work we have an office in Russia. Now normally the people there are fine coders, but one person (who had left before I got there) has yet to show me an example of good coding. She would use variables like zzzz, zzz, zz, z, vvvv, vvv, vv and v in one javascript document. Not to mention table layouts and image slices on a web page built 10 months ago.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

aeiou
Jul 12, 2006

It's cold in here...
Just kidding! It's to
fool enemies..
Found this in a joomla site that I'm working on fixing:
<?php }}}}?>
This is in an inline script in an article.