Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vishass
Feb 1, 2004

Ignite Memories posted:

Wait, what the gently caress? Why is batman laughing in that page? Batman never laughs.

He also doesn't kill the Joker

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Vishass posted:

This was probably funnier in the context of the conversation I was having. Or not.

Holy cow, that modernized recoloring is the real ruination.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

McSpanky posted:

Holy cow, that modernized recoloring is the real ruination.

Nonsense, it's now more in line with DC's house style. :)

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Trust me, you are taking this a lot more seriously then I am.

WickedHate posted:

Nonsense, it's now more in line with DC's house style. :)

Great now the idea of redrawing all the classics in DC house style is out there in the universe.

Fuego Fish
Dec 5, 2004

By tooth and claw!
DC are already changing their backlog to be more in line with the New 52!

(I was tempted to change the flag on Linda's jacket to say "I AM IRIS" but that was too much effort.)

Or is it Sputnik
Aug 22, 2009

Oh, Ho-oh oh oh, oh whoa oh oh oh
I'll get 'em caught, show Oak what I've got

Fuego Fish posted:

DC are already changing their backlog to be more in line with the New 52!

(I was tempted to change the flag on Linda's jacket to say "I AM IRIS" but that was too much effort.)
That's a Philippines flag on her jacket, was Linda Park supposed to be filipino-american in the early comics? I had the idea that she was korean-american in Johns' run...

Parahexavoctal
Oct 10, 2004

I AM NOT BEING PAID TO CORRECT OTHER PEOPLE'S POSTS! DONKEY!!

Or is it Sputnik posted:

That's a Philippines flag on her jacket, was Linda Park supposed to be filipino-american in the early comics? I had the idea that she was korean-american in Johns' run...

She was Korean-American all through Waid's run; I'm not sure if her ethnicity was mentioned in Messner-Loebs' run.

Or is it Sputnik
Aug 22, 2009

Oh, Ho-oh oh oh, oh whoa oh oh oh
I'll get 'em caught, show Oak what I've got

Parahexavoctal posted:

She was Korean-American all through Waid's run; I'm not sure if her ethnicity was mentioned in Messner-Loebs' run.
Probably just an artist goof then, since that's from The Return of Barry Allen, early in Waid.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Or is it Sputnik posted:

Probably just an artist goof then, since that's from The Return of Barry Allen, early in Waid.
It's Waid's run, so it was a ~hypertime~ collapse.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

If you want a No-Prize explanation, Linda could have bought that jacket when she was on holiday the Philippines as a child. And just really liked it and kept wearing it. I've known plenty of people who will keep clothing, purely because they have an attachment to it.

Also if you really wanted to ruin the moment you could just change that last panel to read

"My name is Otto Octavius. I am the Superior Flash!"

The Question IRL fucked around with this message at 18:25 on Aug 28, 2013

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

I can't let this thread fall into the archives. It's my baby.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Let me help. Here's one I've been thinking of making since I got last week's comics.

Sources are Longshot Saves The Marvel Universe #2 and Cable And X-Force #16, which came out the same week.

IUG fucked around with this message at 03:12 on Nov 29, 2013

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Gavok posted:

I can't let this thread fall into the archives. It's my baby.

I doubled over laughing at this. This is what I was thinking the whole time that panel was being discussed.

goldenoreos
Jan 5, 2012

Take care of my animals while I'm gone

The Absorbing Man's adventures as snortable cocaine

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

goldenoreos posted:

The Absorbing Man's adventures as snortable cocaine

And yet nary a Snowflame in sight.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
This one isn't that great but when Kid Gladiator hit the pose in the second panel I knew I just had to make this edit.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

TwoPair posted:

This one isn't that great but when Kid Gladiator hit the pose in the second panel I knew I just had to make this edit.

That was all I saw when I saw that panel.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

goldenoreos
Jan 5, 2012

Take care of my animals while I'm gone
He made the right choice.

E the Shaggy
Mar 29, 2010
Did they kill Mera to avoid the marriage debate? Oh DC, never change.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

E the Shaggy posted:

Did they kill Mera to avoid the marriage debate? Oh DC, never change.

No, Gavok just swapped some panels around to make that joke. The actual issue has them all happy at the end (and Aquaman shaves). However for some reason DC does insist they're not married despite them being King and Queen of Atlantis. You'd think that'd imply marriage but apparently nope.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

TwoPair posted:

No, Gavok just swapped some panels around to make that joke. The actual issue has them all happy at the end (and Aquaman shaves). However for some reason DC does insist they're not married despite them being King and Queen of Atlantis. You'd think that'd imply marriage but apparently nope.

You know how Quesada doesn't want smoking in Marvel because cancer killed one of his family members?

Well apparently marriage killed one of Didio's family members.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Codependent Poster posted:

You know how Quesada doesn't want smoking in Marvel because cancer killed one of his family members?

His Origin story involves one very bitter uncle.......

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

TwoPair posted:

Aquaman shaves

gently caress! NO!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

TwoPair posted:

How the hell am I supposed to relate to the man who lives under the sea and talks to fish if he's married :argh:

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

TwoPair posted:

I'm at a loss here. What is the actual reason for this? Is there some kind of motivation to keep them unmarried I just...it seems so pointless and irrelevant :psyduck:

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~

Captain Oblivious posted:

I'm at a loss here. What is the actual reason for this? Is there some kind of motivation to keep them unmarried I just...it seems so pointless and irrelevant :psyduck:

With regards to general marriage in the DC universe:

Danny D posted:

Q: What about married characters?

A: “there have to be sacrifices when you become a hero… So it has to come from the personal life… That doesn’t mean DC won’t have married characters, but why do you want to rush to the end? We’re only two years into the new continuity. Why do you want to get to the end- not that marriage is the end!"
Source for above quote: http://www.bleedingcool.com/2013/10...-infinite-loop/

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
Marriage is the end, which isn't to say that marriage is the end.

E the Shaggy
Mar 29, 2010

Codependent Poster posted:

Wasn't there a rumor that Didio slept with JG Jones' wife, and that's the reason why he left Final Crisis?

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Trust me, you are taking this a lot more seriously then I am.

WickedHate posted:

Marriage is the end, which isn't to say that marriage is the end.

If they are married how will we thrill audiences with the hero trying to have a date, hide their identity and fight crime AT THE SAME TIME!

Dun, DUN, DUN!

Senior Woodchuck
Aug 29, 2006

When you're lost out there and you're all alone, a light is waiting to carry you home

E the Shaggy posted:

Wasn't there a rumor that Didio slept with JG Jones' wife, and that's the reason why he left Final Crisis?

I heard it was actually James Robinson.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Senior Woodchuck posted:

I heard it was actually James Robinson.

Well if Didio and Robinson want to have sex with each other, what's that got to do with JG Jones? :colbert:

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?
I'm sorry, he said Ruin the Moment. The King makes everything better.

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...
It's nothing so impressive as some other contributions here, but from today's Scarlet Spider #25

I tried turning the coyote into a fox, but my editing skills weren't up to it.

d00gZ
Oct 12, 2002

Original Sin Murderer
Wild Guess #627
Edward Snowden

"My sole motive is to inform the public as to that which is done in their name and that which is done against them."
Sorry, everyone. (Avengers #24.NOW)

Only registered members can see post attachments!

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

d00gZ posted:

Sorry, everyone. (Avengers #24.NOW)

why am I laughing at this? whyyyyyyy

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Someone posted the original in the funny panels thread, I showed it to a friend, and they gave me the idea.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lars Blitzer
Aug 17, 2004

He drinks a Whiskey drink, he drinks a Vodka drink
He drinks a Lager drink, he drinks a Cider drink...

Dick Tracy's number one fan.

TwoPair posted:

(and Aquaman shaves).

What!? Aquaman shaved his beard? Why, that's outrageous!

• Locked thread