Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
IUG
Jul 14, 2007

So having just read The Watchmen trade (figured I'd pick it up after seeing the trailer during The Dark Knight), I was sure I saw one of the scenes from the end of the books put in this thread. Does anyone know the image? It's during the "felt every death" scene.

EDIT: Okay, so I just realized this thread is something like 5 pages and I shouldn't be so lazy.

IUG fucked around with this message at 16:12 on Jul 31, 2008

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Okay, drat, I'm so sick of that freaking image now. Here we go, ruining it once and for all then so hopefully this image can go away.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

hermanos posted:

Yo, use thumbnails when it's this huge, please!

It's not stretching the tables though.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Gavok posted:

If more of you read SWORD, I wouldn't have to be the one to do this.

For a few seconds, I feared this was the horse-faced Beast everyone was talking about.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

CzarChasm posted:

Been a little while since I've done one of these. Quick and dirty.

:nws::nms:
No. Seriously. https://wi.somethingawful.com/70/708e35cc3bc52a124321be05640ec0bbd2b87704.jpg

Punchline was way too easy. I apologize. I'd be surprised if no one did this before.

Very well done. :golfclap:

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

KungFu Grip posted:

Powered Toast Man? :hfive:

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Gavok posted:

Apologies to those who don't get it.

Explanations for us who don't can be nice too.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

That sentence still doesn't make a lick of sense. And I hate Achewood.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Gavok posted:

From the latest Irredeemable.

That ending bugged the hell out of me.

I hate to be that guy, but could you explain this one, and what the original meant? I just don't read this series of comics.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Okay, I just thought it was weird because it looks like he teleported some Spree through someone's head.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

I started this derail, and I'm going to end it.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

I saw this in the badass thread, and it made me think of something like this. Not entirely happy with it though.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Is it possible to link to the unaltered panels? I'm not familiar with some of the comics posted in here (especially DC).

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Ah what the hell, I'll try my hand at it.

I have never seen this movie or any Star Trek except for that reboot movie.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

The X-Men are on another planet called Breakworld. They decide to destroy Earth because of some prophecy. They fire the missle, but to prevent anyone on Earth from trying to stop it, they psychically trick everyone gathered to stop it. They put them each into their own world where they think they have fixed it. Mr Fantastic thinks he sent it into the Negative Zone. Storm thinks she used cosmic winds or something. Spider-Man thinks he stopped it by casting webs all over NYC to catch it. He quickly realizes he wouldn't be able to do this, and snaps out of it.

Hell, less talk, more pictures. Source is Giant Sized Astonishing X-Men:

Netflix also has the whole Astonishing X-Men run on Netflix, it's worth watching, and ends with this Giant Sized issue (like Will Wheaton's run did).

IUG fucked around with this message at 03:24 on Jul 25, 2013

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

redbackground posted:

I'm impressed that you got two things wrong with only five words.

Joss Whedon. I'll turn in my copies of Firefly then. (I couldn't remember his name and only Googled his last name. I knew he was someone that sci-fi people love, and didn't really look that hard when I got a search result. I've never even watched Star Trek.)

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Let me help. Here's one I've been thinking of making since I got last week's comics.

Sources are Longshot Saves The Marvel Universe #2 and Cable And X-Force #16, which came out the same week.

IUG fucked around with this message at 03:12 on Nov 29, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

I thought that at first, then I read Hawkeye #16 and understood that panel much better.

• Locked thread