Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
d00gZ
Oct 12, 2002

Original Sin Murderer
Wild Guess #627
Edward Snowden

"My sole motive is to inform the public as to that which is done in their name and that which is done against them."

HAmbONE posted:

Hahhahahahaha nice one syrg

Bullseye is slow on the uptake

Lamuella posted:

if that's the best you can come up with, maybe you shouldn't come up with things

ManiacClown posted:

Part of it was that you could have stuck to ONE font.

Loser posted:

There are several good lettering fonts available for free at blambot.com. Letter-o-Matic or Webletterer should do just fine for moment ruining.

ManiacClown posted:

Gavok and I use Letter-O-Matic when we do Ultimate/Ultimatum Edit.

hermanos posted:

You should really proofread these before posting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

d00gZ
Oct 12, 2002

Original Sin Murderer
Wild Guess #627
Edward Snowden

"My sole motive is to inform the public as to that which is done in their name and that which is done against them."

LtKenFrankenstein posted:

God dammit Gavok. Why aren't you writing Punisher MAX instead of Greg Hurwitz?

Hurwitz is already off, it's Swierczynski now, and I've heard his arc is pretty good.

d00gZ
Oct 12, 2002

Original Sin Murderer
Wild Guess #627
Edward Snowden

This is pretty beautiful, dude.

d00gZ
Oct 12, 2002

Original Sin Murderer
Wild Guess #627
Edward Snowden

Elijya posted:

I'm sure there's an awesome joke in there, but I'm not getting it. Something having to do with Grant Morrison being crazy?

It's a "ruin the moment." That's Invisibles v3 #12, which was actually the first issue, since the third volume counted down. That's the logo from another famous, and very terrible, series that counted down, pasted over it, therefore "ruining" the "moment" of the memory inspired by the cover of a popular and well-liked comic.

d00gZ
Oct 12, 2002

Original Sin Murderer
Wild Guess #627
Edward Snowden

Gavok posted:

Special for this weekend.

Way to go, Wonder Woman and Superman. "I have no problem with this Superboy joining us." "And I can certainly vouch for his powers." Man, if the two of you could take THAT decision back....

d00gZ
Oct 12, 2002

Original Sin Murderer
Wild Guess #627
Edward Snowden

McSpanky posted:

Since Jamie has the ability to produce dupes with unique aspects of his personality/experiences, does that mean he can create a baby dupe now? And would it have the full consciousness of the baseline Jamie but trapped in a baby's body? Could this mean a mutant Look Who's Talking revival in the future?!

This already happened. He absorbed the baby once it was born. This has been covered on this page.

d00gZ
Oct 12, 2002

Original Sin Murderer
Wild Guess #627
Edward Snowden

DarkPrime posted:

Judging by the splatter, it did go through. Besides, I think he had his mask up because he had been eating.

WARNING: Legion of Three Worlds spoilers
I'm sorry. I couldn't resist.

d00gZ
Oct 12, 2002

Original Sin Murderer
Wild Guess #627
Edward Snowden

ManiacClown posted:

Are Gavok and (maybe) I part of the joke here since you used 4L?

I really only used 4L as a cheap shot. I love y'all guys.

d00gZ
Oct 12, 2002

Original Sin Murderer
Wild Guess #627
Edward Snowden

BooDoug187 posted:

Often times, when I hear about Japaneses Manga that involve day to day life of a regular office worker, I think that it would have action pack scene like this in them. Because who in the hell would read about the day to day life of a Japaneses business man unless it involved balls to the wall action... or violent rape that the Japaneses manga readers seem to love so much.

[X] "Japaneses"
[X] Lack of understanding of appeal of slice-of-life
[X] Stereotyped "lol manga readers love rape"
[X] Poster = douchebag

d00gZ
Oct 12, 2002

Original Sin Murderer
Wild Guess #627
Edward Snowden

fishfingers posted:

Messiest shop I've ever done. This is really hard.

Next time, make the overall image smaller, and download a free font from Comicraft or Blambot. The IDEA, though? Yeah, I laughed.

d00gZ
Oct 12, 2002

Original Sin Murderer
Wild Guess #627
Edward Snowden

invalid user posted:

Can someone tell me who originally is the "Greatest"?

Muhammad Ali. (Yes, in the actual comic.)

d00gZ
Oct 12, 2002

Original Sin Murderer
Wild Guess #627
Edward Snowden

Elijya posted:

There was a photoshop thread earlier this year where every other entry seemed to use it, and yeah, it got old.

Yeah, but sometimes it fits. It fit with Gavok's shop of the last page of Final Crisis, and it fits here.

d00gZ
Oct 12, 2002

Original Sin Murderer
Wild Guess #627
Edward Snowden

RandomFerret posted:

It pretty much IS comic sans. Keep it in all caps, and then stretch/squash it a bit until you get a close enough match. If you want to go the extra distance, make the new text layer a little bit transparent so the natural newsprint colouration and texture comes through.

Comic sans is almost nothing like an actual comic book font. Try free samples at https://www.blambot.com.

d00gZ
Oct 12, 2002

Original Sin Murderer
Wild Guess #627
Edward Snowden

If you never want to read any of my posts again after this, I understand.

Final Crisis #6.

d00gZ
Oct 12, 2002

Original Sin Murderer
Wild Guess #627
Edward Snowden

Senior Woodchuck posted:

I liked Final Crisis (yeah, I know, I'm the only one)

Do you read this board much? I thought we were overall fanatical about it considering the overwhelming Internet opinion.

d00gZ
Oct 12, 2002

Original Sin Murderer
Wild Guess #627
Edward Snowden

redbackground posted:

(from Final Crisis #7)

loving MONEY

d00gZ
Oct 12, 2002

Original Sin Murderer
Wild Guess #627
Edward Snowden

Yo, this is the thread where I throw my kanyepluscomics poo poo, right?

Brightest Day #18 x "Lost in the World"

d00gZ
Oct 12, 2002

Original Sin Murderer
Wild Guess #627
Edward Snowden

Magic Love Hose posted:

Going for the obvious (to me) joke.

Why would he say something to himself as his last words to his wife?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

d00gZ
Oct 12, 2002

Original Sin Murderer
Wild Guess #627
Edward Snowden

Sorry, everyone. (Avengers #24.NOW)

Only registered members can see post attachments!

• Locked thread