Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Cassady's Thing is really not very good looking. At least not in this issue. I forget how he looked last time the FF showed up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Liberal Idiot posted:

I'm disappointed Obi-Wan didn't cut him in half lengthways that time.
He should have done this, then he's show up again, and he'd cut him in half again. Then make a joke about how many times you can cut someone in half.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Gavok posted:

Let's see... about 6'4", black and completely fictional? I think we have our man.

And if there's anyone out there who can't understand how someone could like somebody like Venom, please reread those first three panels.

If he's 6'4", she's like 4'6".

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

moleman posted:

Norman invited her. Makes since... she's not an evil character anymore, but she's a perfect replacement for Xavier in the Evil Illuminate or Illuminaughty or whatever stupid name Joey Q is calling them.

Bendis said that Magneto was originally supposed to be the mutant member, but since he's dead or depowered or both or something, he's not available for use. He then decided to use Emma. Personally, I would have gone with Sebastian Shaw, but Emma's probably more interesting and a better counterpart for Xavier.

I think Illuminaughty was a joke by Matt Fraction.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Spoilers for Secret Warriors #1:

Page 1
Page 2

Not all that funny, but it's all I could think of when I saw that.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Hm.

Click here for the full 1920x1484 image.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Fuego Fish posted:

Wait wasn't he not the sole survivor of Mars until he beat the poo poo out of all the White Martians? Or were the White Martians not from Mars?
He didn't kill them, anyway.

And now Miss Martian (who is a white Martian) is hanging around.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Uthor posted:

When I first heard about the book and first read it, I thought rape was implied. Then I read it years later and don't know where I got that notion from. I thought I read somewhere that DC had Moore tone down that scene, but I can't find proof of it now. I may be making up internet rumors!
Booster saved her from being raped but got his rear end beaten in the process. :colbert:

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Residue posted:

I'm pretty sure Wolverine has been in the states long enough that he's a legal US citizen. Any US citizen can vote. Hell, the citizenship test probably has questions that he was around for the answers.

He just can't be president.
Back in X-Tinction Agenda, Beast mentions that to protect their identities, he removed all traces of all the X-Men and related teammembers from the American databases. That said, that probably doesn't apply anymore even if anyone remembered that.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

redbackground posted:

I considered it--I really did. But then I realized that "RIP" was more appropriate to the situation at hand. It works on so many levels. :smug:
Maybe he did more than fart. :smugbert:

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

LightsGameraAction posted:

I don't have the know-how or resources to pull it off myself, but I keep imagining a gif-montage of "I'd rather be known for the planes I flew" followed by all of the planes through out the years that have blown up or crashed with him behind the stick.
Worked for John McCain.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Gavok posted:

I really want to see the Void do that attack to someone like Ares.
:(

Now this won't happen and I blame you.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Brother Entropy posted:

Would the Omega Effect work on something that's inanimate? You probably need life in the first place to experience The Death that is Life.
No no. The Omega SANCTION is the Death that is Life. The Omega EFFECT is just death.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Godammit why does he have leg pouches? For loving Spawn Grenades or something?

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Saw this in YCS. Original is from Alias.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

just_a_guy posted:

Not necessarily. She might have been replaced afterwards. If not... Doom makes some pretty accurate Doombots.
"I am...fully functional."

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I don't know if not existing is better or worse than being written by Lobdell.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Or is it Sputnik posted:

Probably just an artist goof then, since that's from The Return of Barry Allen, early in Waid.
It's Waid's run, so it was a ~hypertime~ collapse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

TwoPair posted:

This one isn't that great but when Kid Gladiator hit the pose in the second panel I knew I just had to make this edit.

That was all I saw when I saw that panel.

• Locked thread