Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

HitTheTargets posted:

Next week's Countdown finally delivers on that "Seduction of the Innocent" deal.

Template

I don't read much DC nowadays, but can someone explain to me why Darkseid - Dark God of Apokolips - is chilling on a couch smirking at a young superhero?

Shouldn't he be, I don't know, leading armies in conquest of entire galaxies or something?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Oh man, that was great.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I think this moment was already ruined by the poor art, but this is the first thing that came to my mind when I read it.

Click here for the full 832x1290 image.

From X-Men Legacy 217, here's the original

Click here for the full 832x1290 image.

And this is what the edit was inspired by

Funny how just one badly drawn facial expression can ruin what is supposed to be a dramatic cliffhanger.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I really like this, I guess he really does love us!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Loser posted:

Welcome Back, Watchmen!

Goddamn man, that's great. Love the Welcome Back? poster

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I had this idea stuck in my head most of the day.

Collector's Edition! The first (and last!) appearance of the Punisher!

Original

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Lost in the discussion is the fact that Gavok's edit is hilarious.

And yeah, I can see ringing 911 and saying,"There's a grizzled heavyset Italian dude in my local bar, I think he's The Punisher!" going down real well with the police.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Gassire posted:

In honor of the movie coming out I'd figure I'd point this out to people who might not have around 5 years ago when this was done. http://www.somethingawful.com/d/photoshop-phriday/watchmen-funnies.php?page=1

Some of those are pretty drat good, and gave me this idea.

Doc Manhattan never quite got the hang of being the bad guy.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Beating an old joke into the ground here.

From Identity Crisis.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Detetsu posted:

Click here for the full 640x983 image.

Because I've always been proud of how well this came out.

Haha, Batman's "Oh poo poo, busted!" look is great.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Gaz-L posted:

I'm pretty sure she wasn't actually raped. The whole 'photo shoot' aspect was more about Jim than Barbara if you're taking this from the Killing Joke.

Yeah that's always the impression I got too, the Joker had zero sexual interest (or power interest, for that matter) in Barbara, he just took the photos to get a rise out of Gordon to prove a point that one bad day can make anyone into a monster. Of course, Gordon specifically tells Batman NOT to kill the Joker and bring him in to face justice, proving the Joker wrong.

Gaz-L posted:

(Plus I hate the cliche that if any female character has some tragedy occur, it HAS to involve rape, somewhere. Pissed me off when Heinberg did it in Young Avengers no end.)

Absolutely, it's one of the (many) reasons I loved Alias so much, they avoid the cliche and make what happened to her far worse without resorting to the shock value of :siren:RAPE!:siren: which would have been a lazy and "easy" out for the writer to take.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Gavok posted:

I have taken your challenge.

You have completely failed to "ruin" this moment. Holy poo poo.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Irisi posted:

Oh, you bad person. You do not mock the Pennyworth-angst. That's going too far.

(And for heavens sake, Benes, Wonder Womans' briefs are more than an inch wide. That man needs to get his pay docked every time he draws Diana wearing a freaking thong)

Hey she's a powerful female role model, of course she's going to haul her underwear up her rear end while standing in a drafty cave!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Iananan posted:

edit to contribute: not trying to edge in on gavok's achewood domain here, but when i saw these panels (from the free newspaper sized thingy DC is sending out with comic shipments now) i couldn't resist.

That idea gave me this idea.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Gavok posted:

I thought he was talking to his Dad's ghost or something there for a second and thought I was seeing the glory that is disappointing rebellious son Darkseid. gently caress YOU DAD! ANTI-LIFE JUSTIFIES MY HATE!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I made the mistake recently of reading two very different crossover events back to back.

Click here for the full 675x1050 image.

Click here for the full 806x996 image.

Click here for the full 1280x984 image.

Click here for the full 640x985 image.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Oh that's just nasty...... hehehe

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Gavok posted:

I'm sorry. I just had to.

How come they didn't cast Kanye West as the Norse God Of Thunder anyway? Racism? I bet it was racism.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Neraren posted:

Hopping on the bandwagon

:911:

That (the last line in particular) was my absolute favorite part of Fallout 3, and I really enjoyed Fallout 3!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I got this idea from a post in the Arkham Asylum thread in games, based on the very reasonable idea that Batman and Superman are obviously 15 years old.

Originals are from Superman Annual 11 and World's Finest Comics 21.

Jerusalem fucked around with this message at 07:09 on Oct 21, 2009

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Haha, that would be even scarier!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Haha, I was looking for the more obvious and played out RIPPSPLITTTT joke before I noticed him grinning away down there.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Hahaha, awww the poor bastard. That's great.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

He's telling her to run because he ain't sharing with nobody!

Great stuff, Gavok.

Jerusalem fucked around with this message at 22:37 on Sep 28, 2011

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Wade Wilson posted:

I would unironically buy the poo poo out of a "What if? Reed Richards became The Punisher!" story.

Problem 101: Solve Everything..... with bullets!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

CapnAndy posted:

Reed gets gunned down and Sue puts on a skull t-shirt as the invisible Punisher of Crime.

Namor: Hey Sue, that skull t-shirt rea-
Sue: Sexual harassment is a crime
Namor: Nevermind :ohdear:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Jesus, I didn't think Hickman would go so dark for Fantastic Four 604:

Edit: Argh, how did I not realize that was Adult Franklin and not Nathaniel in the bottom panel until I posted this? :argh:

Jerusalem fucked around with this message at 08:35 on Mar 17, 2012

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Cabbit posted:

That just enhances it. Franklin is a dick who just faked his own death, and is comforting his grieving dad about it.

"Let it all out, Dad. I miss me too."

I kinda wish I'd left it that way now!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Wait, am I reading that hair right? Is that a Norman Osborn Hulk?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I'm a little out of touch with the "New 52"... have they ALREADY relaunched JLA? Or do they have two books now? One called Justice League and one called JLA?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

So it's a little like the old JLI/JLE days when the "other" members of the Justice League got to continue their adventures on a somewhat more mundane level than the over the top antics of the big time heroes like Superman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern etc?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

404GoonNotFound posted:

I want to live in that world. Especially if means that Delirious is the new Batman.

El Generico as Mexican Batman :colbert:

Joker: Zoo Enthusiast.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

That is amazing, CapnAndy.

And even now, after that speech, Wolverine is still getting top billing and the main event spot :mad:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

It fits so perfectly :stare:

What a beautiful thing.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Gavok posted:

Double-post! Since three is a nice, round number, I made one more. This is a reprise/addition to one Jerusalem did for this thread years ago that's since vanished into the abyss.

Hahaha, yes! Does he always wear that crown after he's hosed?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Oh my God those two last panels are amazing :allears:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I got the idea from That Ignorant Sap's excellent edit, but if this is terrible then I'm entirely to blame.

Reed is still really sensitive about that whole cosmic rays thing, I guess. :shrug:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

TwoPair posted:

No, Gavok just swapped some panels around to make that joke. The actual issue has them all happy at the end (and Aquaman shaves). However for some reason DC does insist they're not married despite them being King and Queen of Atlantis. You'd think that'd imply marriage but apparently nope.

How the hell am I supposed to relate to the man who lives under the sea and talks to fish if he's married :argh:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Senior Woodchuck posted:

I heard it was actually James Robinson.

Well if Didio and Robinson want to have sex with each other, what's that got to do with JG Jones? :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Hitler screaming that he is a better artist than Greg Land is a beautiful thing.

• Locked thread