Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fuego Fish
Dec 5, 2004

By tooth and claw!
Wait wasn't he not the sole survivor of Mars until he beat the poo poo out of all the White Martians? Or were the White Martians not from Mars?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fuego Fish
Dec 5, 2004

By tooth and claw!

Endless Mike posted:

He didn't kill them, anyway.

And now Miss Martian (who is a white Martian) is hanging around.

Someone doesn't remember the Burning Martian story arc! He was an evil genetic throwback at the time, which excused the genocide.

Plus this is (I think) from before Miss Martian showed up, so at the time it's a perfectly logical thing for him to say.

Fuego Fish
Dec 5, 2004

By tooth and claw!

BooDoug187 posted:

Always the bridesmade... never the bride :smith:

I think you mean "Always the 'seidsmaid, never the 'seid."

Fuego Fish
Dec 5, 2004

By tooth and claw!

Baron Bifford posted:

I do not get it. Somebody, please explain.

Wikipedia posted:

Following his (as he put it) "coming out" as a magician in 1993, the English comic book writer and occultist Alan Moore has declared himself a devotee of Glycon, and has cheerfully admitted in interviews the absurdity of worshiping a probable fraud. Moore has declared he considers all ideas (including fictions) in some sense, "real". He has performed spoken word under the name the Moon and Serpent Grand Egyptian Theatre of Marvels. With Steve Moore, Alan Moore is preparing a book — entitled The Moon and Serpent Bumper Book of Magic, which will detail the history of magic, and particularly the histories of both Alexander and Glycon.

Glycon is the fake snake god that Alan Moore "worships". It does not respond to his call, because it isn't real :eng101:

Fuego Fish
Dec 5, 2004

By tooth and claw!

Sadsack posted:

He doesn't laugh, he doesn't sit. What does the Batman do?

He catches villains before they can put their dastardly plots into motion and hurt innocent people!

Oh, no, wait, he doesn't do that either.

Huh.

Fuego Fish
Dec 5, 2004

By tooth and claw!
DC are already changing their backlog to be more in line with the New 52!

(I was tempted to change the flag on Linda's jacket to say "I AM IRIS" but that was too much effort.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fuego Fish
Dec 5, 2004

By tooth and claw!

Azubah posted:

Is it that Jason is touching his crotch? Because the dialogue looks like typical comic dialogue.

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM RA'S AL-GHUL IN THE BALLS

• Locked thread