Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

https://carsandbids.com/auctions/3BLNYpyX/2011-bmw-m3-sedan-competition-package

18K Mile E90 M3, blue-on-beige, thing is going to bring a lottt of money.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alarbus
Mar 31, 2010
There's lot to unpack in the comments there with prior owners, including EAG. :munch:

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

Alarbus posted:

There's lot to unpack in the comments there with prior owners, including EAG. :munch:
lol you're not kidding

EAG: It was probably exercised around the SC Performance Center track at some point.

C&B Poster: I looked up the VIN on BMW's systems and it shows it had $34,000 worth of paint and bodywork done to it

TheBacon
Feb 8, 2012

#essereFerrari

Sab669 posted:

Will 100% be RNM

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Alarbus posted:

Holy cow, just reading them now.

The seller posted:

We can chat about the ambiguous possibility of this cars past history which is not known to me or we can focus on how clean rare example this car is with such low mileage 18,500 and glorious V8 engine with its sport exhaust.

Confidence inspiring!

What's RNM^?

Alarbus
Mar 31, 2010
You're also missing the

quote:

We would like to first inform anyone who doesn't know, that EAG is now under new ownership. We have an announcement being prepared, but we feel it's important to note that someone involved with the business for 19 years (writing this now) and a well known enthusiast now hold this title. We uphold previous standards while understanding previous deals and stand by them all.

Someone got caught with their pants all the way down if you're going to drop that bomb on a C&B auction.

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

Sab669 posted:

What's RNM^?
Reserve Not Met

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Oh right

TheBacon
Feb 8, 2012

#essereFerrari

Okay I read some of the comments. My RNM was just looking at the car on surface level and seeing all similar auctions go RNM, lmfao if an EAG doesn’t get sold back to EAG there is no way in hell anyone should buy it tbh

TheBacon
Feb 8, 2012

#essereFerrari

Alarbus posted:

You're also missing the

Someone got caught with their pants all the way down if you're going to drop that bomb on a C&B auction.

They’ve already talked about it. The new owner is the guy that had rainbow E92 M3s in Florida, he did a video on vinwiki talking about it. EAG is gonna still just be the same EAG.

Hrm I thought it was vinwiki but the video isn’t striking me right away scrolling through their uploads so maybe I saw it somewhere else.

TheBacon fucked around with this message at 21:32 on Feb 14, 2024

Elite Taco
Feb 3, 2010
Blue on tan best color.

Pr0kjayhawk
Nov 30, 2002

:pervert:Zoom Zoom, motherfuckers:pervert:
Lotsa fuss about an automatic.

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

yeah shame about the transmission

Elite Taco
Feb 3, 2010
Six reasons to pass on that auction.

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

Alarbus posted:

That was super interesting to read. That seller is so hurt and I think the previous owner that popped in to drop that stuff was not doing it with any sort of malice but just trying to share information. The PO that is dropping that information; he is absolutely correct that info can be viewed but you have to "know a guy" that works at a dealership and the reason they will not print out or share is because it will have prior ownership personal info which is totally uncool to just give out to rando people.

You will see internal work orders for ALL warranty work requests etc. I had a couple cars that had details brought up, stuff about rattling things fixed, squeaks fixed, full on replacement components fitted and more. You will see the "in-service date" which is when the clock on warranty stuff starts.

For the seller to tell that guy "No way you have that information" I am almost certain that dude HAS that info but isn't wanting to spill that tea because it could affect someone's employment status.

Related/somewhat unrelated; last week I messaged the dude I had been discussing my car with and told him I was not prepared to sell the car yet. I told him that in any circumstance I would not take a dollar less than 40K - warts and all. It doesn't really have warts, but when it is your "baby" and you have had it for 7 years you can point out every single flaw with ease.

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

Somewhat Heroic posted:

For the seller to tell that guy "No way you have that information" I am almost certain that dude HAS that info but isn't wanting to spill that tea because it could affect someone's employment status.
A few people have commented that they communicated with the seller after the PO gave him all that information and the seller didn't disclose any of it to them.

EAG has to have known about it too. Them posting stuff like "It's an exciting adventure learning about this vehicle's history as a group" and "You need a contact at a dealership to find out all this information. How could we have known?" is :rolleyes:

Mr. Apollo fucked around with this message at 20:19 on Feb 15, 2024

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
EAG loving sucks OP

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

lol it turns out that the information the PO is talking about is available to anyone who asks for it.

quote:

The vehicle inquiry I am referring to is a sales vehicle inquiry and not the warranty inquiry. The sales vehicle inquiry is public facing and is usually what a dealer would print out and give to a prospective customer. This sheet would shows the options on the car, pricing, build date, and any disclosures, amongst other things. Warranty inquiry is different and is the more proprietary document that I think most are thinking about when they say “not easily accessible.”

The repairs done on this car during its time at the performance center is not warranty work and as such would not be on the warranty inquiry. It’s a sales related disclosure as its purpose is to be transparent with the buyer what repairs have been done on the car that’s not warranty related.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
EAG trying to pretend like this is all a big suprise when their whole gimmick is selling these cars at a huge premium but assuring you everything is legit and you would expect them to do this kinda legwork for the prices they're asking.

AnnoyBot
May 28, 2001

H110Hawk posted:

It's me, Mr urgently. Ready to take delivery in California.

Bay area? Because of reasons I'm probably going to have to actually smog the Benz now. Which will make it sellable. Redirecting Benz talk to https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3368604 now.

E34 is going in for smog this week. No CEL AFAIK, fingers crossed.

525i still on lifts, will switch them this weekend and see how the rear checks out. I can only get to one (1) car thing per month so I hope this moves me forward.

Elite Taco
Feb 3, 2010
Good luck!

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

Sab669 posted:

It ended up going for $50,500 to this place: https://www.proxmotors.com/. They just joined C&B, I guess to bid on this car.

The seller constantly had his posts flagged because he was saying this was all being done to keep the price low and was basically accusing the PO of making everything up.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

I was surprised to see it got more bids after the initial $40K when I linked it, after seeing the shitshow in the comments.

Seller seemed like a megadouche with how he was responding to the "troll" PO

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

Sab669 posted:

I was surprised to see it got more bids after the initial $40K when I linked it, after seeing the shitshow in the comments.

Seller seemed like a megadouche with how he was responding to the "troll" PO
The PO ended up publicly disclosing what they found because the seller wasn't disclosing it to buyers who were messaging him after the PO forwarded the info to him.

TheBacon
Feb 8, 2012

#essereFerrari

I am shocked the reserve was $50k with how he entered that listing and doing the typical I know what I got thing. I assumed he was wanting north of $65k.

Also still shocked it sold at all due to the way the seller replied.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

I'm a little surprised too, though if I look at their past E9x M3's it sold for the exact same amount as a 2013 with 17K miles on it:

https://carsandbids.com/search?csort=10&q=e90%20m3

So they probably suggested that as the Reserve to the seller

GentlemanofLeisure
Aug 27, 2008
What a shocking surprise that a fine upstanding place like EAG is possibly behind some shady buying/selling practices! gently caress those loving fuckers! It was still a cool car though...

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

I'm curious what the dealer that ended buying the car will list it for.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
$50k for a used track car that may have been basically totalled at some point and has lived in Iowa as well is absolute insanity.

This isn't the same Lime Rock car and the sales happened 4 months apart. One is a NY car and one is a CA car. Mine never even gets rained on, let alone the hazards of winter.

Somewhat Heroic better not have sold his non-accident car for $40k!

TheBacon
Feb 8, 2012

#essereFerrari

Ether Frenzy posted:

$50k for a used track car that may have been basically totalled at some point and has lived in Iowa as well is absolute insanity.

This isn't the same Lime Rock car and the sales happened 4 months apart. One is a NY car and one is a CA car. Mine never even gets rained on, let alone the hazards of winter.

Somewhat Heroic better not have sold his non-accident car for $40k!

The $35k was for the 6sp. I know you prefer the DCT, but market absolutely has a premium on the manual.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
Oh, my bad. I thought all Lime Rocks were manual. Would definitely only get a manual in a unique-ish model like the Lime Rock (more motorsport oriented) but the DCT is still the transmission the rest of these cars are meant to have.

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi

GentlemanofLeisure posted:

What a shocking surprise that a fine upstanding place like EAG is possibly behind some shady buying/selling practices! gently caress those loving fuckers! It was still a cool car though...

Is EAG sketchy? I thought they were just expensive.

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006

Residency Evil posted:

Is EAG sketchy? I thought they were just expensive.

I'm curious of the story here as well. I haven't heard of them (which isn't actually saying anything) so I'm curious.

AnnoyBot posted:

Bay area?

Oh thank god, no I'm not. Coming home with an old German wagon would be a strain upon the relationship.

Infinotize
Sep 5, 2003

I dunno what happened with this auction but EAG (based in Ohio) has always been *the* bmw shop that would obtain primo low mileage examples, do a spare no expense refurb and sell them at exorbitant prices to rich guys who wanted to get a mint example of something without worrying about the car's condition or history. Then once they buy it the value plummets because it's a former EAG car not an EAG car. It seemed like a sustainable model as long as old bmws were desirable and there were enough rich guys.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
If you were in the market for a used M car especially one with the more sought after options (manual transmission, rare paint colour) they would buy up all the low mileage examples and then resell them for an even bigger mark up. It caused(s?) a lot of resentment among enthusiasts.

It's just funny to now see them talking about "the community" discovering the history of one of their cars instead of them having figured this stuff out given how they market themselves as selling premium examples of cars to rich people.

Popete fucked around with this message at 06:30 on Feb 18, 2024

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

miklm posted:

All inclusive, 1-, 3-, 5-, 7-, Z-, X- series, 1600s, 2002s, M cars and 3.0 CSLs.
Yes, MINIs (and even Minis) can play too

Let's start off with the most common question.

Q: What's all this "E" business?
A: BMW chassis codes are designated with an E. Here's a list:
code:
E3  	68-77  	2500-3.3Li Sedan
E9 	65-75 	2500-3.0 CS/i/L Coupes
E12 	72-81 	5 Series
E21 	75-83 	3 Series
E23 	77-87 	7 Series
E24 	77-89 	6 Series
E26 	78-81 	M1
E28 	82-88 	5 Series
E30 	84-91 	3 Series
E31 	90-98 	8 Series
E32 	87-94 	7 Series
E34 	89-96 	5 Series
E36 	92-98 	3 Series
E36/5 	94-98 	318ti (Compact)
E36/7 	97-02 	Z3
E38 	95-02 	7 Series
E39 	97-04 	5 Series
E46 	99-05 	3 series
E52 	00-04 	Z8
E53 	00- 	X5
E60 	05- 	5 Series Sedan
E61             5 Series Touring
E63             6 Series Coupe
E64             6 Series Convertible
E65             7 Series short wheelbase
E66             7 Series long wheelbase
E67             7 Series protection
E68             7 Series hydrogen
E70             X5
E71             X6
E82             1 Series Coupe
E83 	03- 	X3
E85 	03- 	Z4
E86             Z4 coupe
E87             1 Series Hatch (non-US)
E88             1 Series Convertible
E90 	06- 	3 Series Sedan
E91 	06- 	3 Series Touring
E92 	06- 	3 Series Coupe
E93     07-     3 Series Convertible
F01             7 Series
The most common ones are the 3-series codes, E30/E36/E46, and the E34 and E39 5-series. Memorize the rest if you care, most of us can't be bothered to remember the X5 chassis code.

Resource web sites:
RealOEM
BimmerDIY
Unofficial BMW
Understeer.com
Bimmerforums (use at your own risk; regional/classified/motorsport sections are good, otherwise a bunch of f'ing idiots)
BMW USA
BMW CCA
BMW CCA Club Racing
BMW Sauber F1 Team

Parts:
Pelican Parts
Bavarian Autosport
Turner Motorsport
Bimmerworld
EvoSport
UUC Motorwerks

We can talk about a lot of things: BMW Driving Experience, BMW European Delivery, BMW Ultimate Drive (Komen), repairs, buyer's advice, racing/autocross/track days, or whore out pictures of our MAD TYTE WHIPS.

Hello BMW thread!

The OP is really old and appears to be missing stuff like a Z4 someone would like added as per the mod report -

quote:

OP should have the E89 Z4 Chassis code added, 2009-2016. The original poster hasn't posted in the thread in nearly a decade.

Could a bunch of stuff that is needed for the OP be posted so mods can edit it in? I'd prefer not to thread reboot but if that's what you all want we can do that instead with a shiny OP

Thank you for your consideration :)

Gangringo
Jul 22, 2007

In the first age, in the first battle, when the shadows first lengthened, one sat.

He chose the path of perpetual contentment.

That reminds me I have to submit the paperwork for my "E88+N55" license plate.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

Hello BMW thread!

The OP is really old and appears to be missing stuff like a Z4 someone would like added as per the mod report -

Could a bunch of stuff that is needed for the OP be posted so mods can edit it in? I'd prefer not to thread reboot but if that's what you all want we can do that instead with a shiny OP

Thank you for your consideration :)

"Buy an M3" covers most of it. No reboot needed.

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

Ether Frenzy posted:

"Buy an M3" covers most of it. No reboot needed.

Or perhaps a M5? Anyone in the market for a nice E28 M5? Need to throw new tires and address a couple little things, see if I can find an uncracked dash, then this thing is going up for sale. I appreciate it but I don't really enjoy driving it that much.

The M3 is also for sale but that'll be heading to Bring a Trailer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

A dealer I drove past recently had an E92 M3 parked out front. Looked up their website; they want $35K for an 86K mile one listed wrongly as a Manual. They have it parked right out front so you see it as soon as you get off the highway... All covered in snow :v:

Oh and also