Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheBacon
Feb 8, 2012

#essereFerrari

If I hit the lotto I am making one techno violet and doing the absolute bonkers level of care in that E91 GTS build series

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pr0kjayhawk
Nov 30, 2002

:pervert:Zoom Zoom, motherfuckers:pervert:

Ether Frenzy posted:

Space Grey Metallic looks awesome in person and changes color depending on the sky conditions. It's not the grey the regular 3-series got.

I owned one for four years and I can confirm, in my very subjective opinion, that space grey is so goddamned boring to look at. I loved the car but the color was awful.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

Pr0kjayhawk posted:

I owned one for four years and I can confirm, in my very subjective opinion, that space grey is so goddamned boring to look at. I loved the car but the color was awful.

Which is weird because bmw actually does pretty good with silvers and grays. My 330 is glacier silver and I actually like it and silverstone M cars always pop too.

MrOnBicycle
Jan 18, 2008
Wait wat?
I haven't driven my E39 wagon in a while, and seeing it for the first time in ages (it's parked at another place) just made me appreciate how good looking they are. A V8 540i manual wagon would be tempting, like this one:

... for $14k... with 137k miles on the clock...

I'm saving for a house anyway, but man does something like that look nice.

Nidhg00670000
Mar 26, 2010

We're in the pipe, five by five.
Grimey Drawer
I'm sad the Alpina B10 V8 only came as an auto.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

MrOnBicycle posted:

I haven't driven my E39 wagon in a while, and seeing it for the first time in ages (it's parked at another place) just made me appreciate how good looking they are. A V8 540i manual wagon would be tempting, like this one:

... for $14k... with 137k miles on the clock...

I'm saving for a house anyway, but man does something like that look nice.

I'm getting a decent chunk of money from an inheritance and it's hard to not buy some poo poo like this instead of doing dumb things like mostly paying off my house. I don't have room for more cars anyway. We have five, three of which are mine.

Bjork Bjowlob
Feb 23, 2006
yes that's very hot and i'll deal with it in the morning

Do any 2008+ E9X M3 owners here have the Dinan pulley kit installed? If so, could you check what the AC/PS belt length is? Some owners have said it's a 6DPK1070 (link to discussion, makes it the same as the Turner kit), however after asking Dinan directly they say it's a 6DPK1050. I'm curious whether their design was changed recently, or perhaps the shorter belt is easier to source, not sure.

Bjork Bjowlob fucked around with this message at 17:22 on Apr 8, 2024

blk
Dec 19, 2009
I have to do the valve cover gasket on my E46. Looks like PO did plugs at 129k/2017. I'm at 160k now. Should I replace them while I'm doing the VCG? Anything else while I'm in there?

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost

Pr0kjayhawk posted:

Maybe it's just LA sunsets then, I get more comments on the color from randoms than you would expect for a non-Hey-Arrest-Me-I'm Speeding color.

theultimo
Aug 2, 2004

An RSS feed bot who makes questionable purchasing decisions.
Pillbug

blk posted:

I have to do the valve cover gasket on my E46. Looks like PO did plugs at 129k/2017. I'm at 160k now. Should I replace them while I'm doing the VCG? Anything else while I'm in there?

id check vanos for sure

Alarbus
Mar 31, 2010
Due to the blue car being in the shop, we took the wife's GLC to Vermont for the eclipse. Wherein I realized it was overdue for an oil change. Thankfully I imposed on my Dad's shop space. And begged a car to run for a filter.

First time in an E46. Man, that is a great driving car. 66k miles and runs amazing.

Phil Moscowitz
Feb 19, 2007

If blood be the price of admiralty,
Lord God, we ha' paid in full!

Somewhat Heroic posted:

If anyone is wondering which model of M3 is currently having their moment the trend does appear to be leaning E9X.

Link to Bring a Trailer

I love the picture parked in front of a PJ just to remind potential buyers what they should think of themselves.

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi

Phil Moscowitz posted:

I love the picture parked in front of a PJ just to remind potential buyers what they should think of themselves.

It's the BAT equivalent of Dennis selling his old range Rover.

Do I have a private jet? No, but if I had that car, maybe...

Residency Evil fucked around with this message at 13:11 on Apr 10, 2024

Bulky Bartokomous
Nov 3, 2006

In Mypos, only the strong survive.

fknlo posted:

Which is weird because bmw actually does pretty good with silvers and grays. My 330 is glacier silver and I actually like it and silverstone M cars always pop too.

Call me boring but I’m a sucker for titanium silver metallic on black leather.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

I've always disliked silvers, then my first E91 was titanium [also my first silver car] and on nice days after a wash I was like, "Oh I get it"

But if it were up to me I still don't think I'd ever opt for silver over most other choices

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

this is the bmw thread. we drive blue cars

Elite Taco
Feb 3, 2010
Speaking of, I'm selling my monaco blue e91 and taking delivery of a blue e61.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD posted:

:hmmyes:

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

:haibrower:

WAIT.........

Maybe this year I will have the front bumper resprayed. I just barely registered my car last month. I only drove it about 1600 miles last year. I have begun repentance by already putting 250 miles on it this year.

Alarbus
Mar 31, 2010

Not right now I'm not, they're not fixing it. :(

Fuller9x
Feb 15, 2005

Gimme Milk
That Tanzanite M3 is fizzing my roots.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Keyser_Soze
May 5, 2009

Pillbug
I'm so glad I got a 23 X5 in Photon Dick blue and didn't take the cowardly route to boring white/black or the graygreen that was available. I have yet to see another one in my area of NorCal, too.

Lightbulb Out
Apr 28, 2006

slack jawed yokel
mine is red

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Yellow was spilled on my blue

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
Carbon black is a kind of blue

Popete fucked around with this message at 06:31 on Apr 16, 2024

theultimo
Aug 2, 2004

An RSS feed bot who makes questionable purchasing decisions.
Pillbug
does navy blue count

MortLansky
Dec 17, 2014

fknlo posted:

I got a silverstone car last year and it's at least got a little blue in it. I'm glad I found it as a compromise instead of getting a darker grey or black car like every other BMW I've ever owned, because at least it doesn't look like absolute poo poo if it gets rained on once. Would've loved to get an actual BLUE car but every time I looked it seemed like there were 3 for sale in the entire country.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

:yeah:

Bjork Bjowlob
Feb 23, 2006

I went white for the E92 as I think the white contrasts the carbon roof etc really well. I'm eyeballing F82 M4s now though and I think some variant of blue is near the top of the list there

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

I had a very long run with an alpine white E30, and would consider that again, but if I'm ever in the position to buy something new and/or order a car, you bet it's gonna be in an obnoxious color.

if I'm buying it in that way I'm probably keeping it for a decade, and would regret it if I didn't take the option up when I could.

Bjork Bjowlob
Feb 23, 2006

Absolutely if I'm buying a new G series M4 it's going to be in a loud colour - gotta hide the pignose somehow

My local BMW dealer had a 50 year anniversary M4 in red and it looked incredible in person

Alarbus
Mar 31, 2010
Ugh, the G22 is five inches longer than the F36. And half the ones for sale are black sapphire metallic. :(

I'm also not entirely sure how I feel about the digital dash.

Steakandchips
Apr 30, 2009

A correct opinion, as my blue E60 can attest.

Gangringo
Jul 22, 2007

In the first age, in the first battle, when the shadows first lengthened, one sat.

He chose the path of perpetual contentment.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Wow, someone liked my meme enough to save it.

Gangringo
Jul 22, 2007

In the first age, in the first battle, when the shadows first lengthened, one sat.

He chose the path of perpetual contentment.

Indeed, it is eternally relevant.

TheBacon
Feb 8, 2012

#essereFerrari

It’s a good meme

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Speaking of blues and silvers,

I've never seen Blue Steel Steel Blue until finding this 530i on C&B:

I usually don't like those sorts of colors, but that looks really nice there.

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.
Someone say blue?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nitr0
Aug 17, 2005

IT'S FREE REAL ESTATE
Ah yes. Blue.