Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

got off on a technicality
Feb 7, 2007

oh dear
Audi RS3 for $60k

Also less of a middle manager's car

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feb 7, 2007

oh dear

KillHour posted:

Everyone does it now.

not to the extremes that BMW goes to: cf. my hateful BMW 116d rental with like 4 M/// badges inside and out

Feb 7, 2007

oh dear

Hadlock posted:

Talked my wife into a Z8 as a daily driver

Am I a bad person

Or just living the dream

Poll to follow

Not at all, it sounds wonderfully A E S T H E T I C

Please post pics

Feb 7, 2007

oh dear

THE BIG DOG DADDY posted:

Seems like as long as the car turns in the correct direction when you turn the wheel your steering should be fine

Fine for a Mercedes, not THE ULTIMATE DRIVING MACHINE

Feb 7, 2007

oh dear

Data Graham posted:

Manual? Hello
Manual is only appropriate on period cars such as my 993. On modern cars it is a pointless anachronism (cf LJK Setright on turbos and autos)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feb 7, 2007

oh dear

TheBacon posted:

No no you misunderstand. I need a second car while the wagon has driveline surgery. I spent a lot on non-M E9x platform suspension and n52 dinan exhaust. I have been planning on picking up an NA/NB miata as the second car while the wagon is out of commission. If I get an E82, basically everything I have bought so far would be able to come off the wagon and onto the E82 ezpz.

I owned a 128i automatic convertible for a while and also had a 128i manual coupe as a dealer loaner (!) for a couple of days

The coupe was very underwhelming. It had a vague rubbery shifter that reminded me of the E36 M3 and the interior felt unreasonably tight. That would have been excusable if it had performance chops like the 1-series M, but the whole package was kind of meh. Maybe a DISA intake + tune would have helped but my gut is don't waste your money :shrug: