Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Auu
Sep 22, 2004
It's a bit dicey, but when I did the fan delete, I managed to wedge a long (almost 2ft long) flathead screwdriver between two of the pulley bolts to wedge it in place, then wrenched the main bolt off while holding the screwdriver in place. It did take a while to make this work.

In other words, yeah, the $25 wrench might not have been a bad purchase :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Auu
Sep 22, 2004
E36 owners, keep an eye on that plastic radiator neck attachment point!! People aren't joking around when they talk about this, turns out!!

This message brought to you by my poor car's engine coolant, now mostly located all over one of the sketchier side streets in east Baltimore :11tea:

(car is fine, luckily I was almost stopped at the time so I was able to turn the car off, seal off the broken parts and get a tow. I'm going to need to put in a new radiator though :( )