Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

doomisland
Oct 5, 2004

Hello thread. I'm in the car market and was looking at ordering a new m340i and have been reading up on it and BMW. I've had japanese brands before and usually just buy off the lot and last time was in 2016. In my internet research it seems theres a couple weird gotchas like how you need to order performance tires from the factory speed limit to be raised from 130 to ~155 and was wondering if there was any other general common device when dealing with new BMWs or ordering.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

doomisland
Oct 5, 2004

I'm in the same position where I just got a m340 running staggered summer tires and its winter soon here. Is there any reason to get the Apex wheels or any other non-OEM brand for winters instead of just getting a package from BMW if I'm just driving on the street?

e: I checked the site and https://www.shopbmwusa.com/product/11324/BMW--19--INCH-STYLE-898-Y-SPOKE-COLD-WEATHER-WHEEL-AND-TIRE-SET-IN-FROZEN-GUN-METAL-GREY is what I was looking at but seeing it again is that 1800 each or for a set of 4? My question above may suddenly seem rhetorical depending on this answer :)

doomisland fucked around with this message at 04:35 on Oct 20, 2023

doomisland
Oct 5, 2004

Hello dumb question time. Since I got a separate winter tire/wheel set I plan to just put the OEM wheels/tires back on myself. Apparently I need some special pucks to not gently caress up the car when jacking it up and was wondering if anyone had a known good site to buy those from? Assuming this is all correct.