Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

maria4286
May 10, 2005

by Fragmaster
I just got an 85' 318i a few days ago. Drove it 600 miles from California to home in Oregon -- was willing to do this because a relative was trying to get rid of it for practically a steal. E30s and E34s being my favorite-looking bimmers also contributed. The only problems are minor dings and a cold start problem.

Whenever I start in the cold (which is often), I have to rev the engine for 4 - 5 minutes at 2000 RPM or else it just stalls. I don't even really know where to begin. I have a vague feeling it has to do with the fuel delivery, but it's one thing I have never worked on before. I can live with this problem but I'd rather not.

I'm being sparse, but I really have no clue, and I only need to be pointed in the right direction. I want to fix this problem before I deal with the other more minor issues, such as a little peeling paint, a dent in the hood, and a cracked grille.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU