Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan

TheChipmunk posted:

(6' X 3' Top) - Modeled after a Parson's table.

I'm having trouble deciding how big the legs should be. Currently I have it drawn out to 2x3 (Legs, Aprons, Middle support). I'm wondering if I should use a 2x4 for legs. Really, I'd like a 3x3 but Lowes/Home Depot doesn't carry it.. I also saw a design that used multiple boards - nailing them together to get a square leg. I don't want to use nails or many screws. I want to use as few as possible.
I'm excited. Any thoughts?

Well, a Parson's table usually has pretty chunky legs, right? I'd go as thick as possible. Would 4x4 be too much?

Anyway, did you design that image? If so, what program did you use? I'm designing a cage for Chinchillas :3: and I'd really like to not have to use graph paper for the whole thing. Can anyone recommend me a good program?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU