Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sasquatch!
Nov 18, 2000

My woodworking experience pretty much begins and ends with my MAME arcade cabinet. Dunno if MDF counts as "woodworking" though. :v: But it's something that I've always wanted to get into, so I'll be following some of the links here.

For something just starting to dabble, where do you think money for someone on a limited budget would be best spent? I have a (non-plunge) router, circular saw, jigsaw, miter saw. I'm guessing a table saw? Or a plunge router? Any recommendations on makes/models (in the vein of "good quality for a home hobbiest")?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sasquatch!
Nov 18, 2000

Cmdr. Chompernuts posted:

I personally could not live without a table saw. If you have access to a truck you can usually get good deals off craigslist. However what you need depends entirely on what you want to do in woodworking. Do you have any thoughts or projects that have caught your eye?
I remember thinking that building something like a tongue drum (there was a good thread about it here actually). Aside from that, I'd love to take a crack at furniture like a simple TV stand...maybe a coffee table? Something along those lines.

ChaoticSeven posted:

Yep, in your position I'd be looking for a tablesaw. If you want new, but still affordable and won't go to poo poo I'd look at Grizzly.
http://www.grizzly.com/products/10-Table-Saw-1-1-2-HP-Single-Phase-110V/G0444
http://www.grizzly.com/products/10-Table-Saw-3-HP-Single-Phase-220V-Left-Tilt/G1023SL

wormil posted:

Table saw. I have a Delta contractor's saw with extension table.
Cripes, $1000 is way more than I was thinking, but I'll probably at least start looking toward table saws and see what's what. Thanks for the advice!