Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mordialloc
Apr 15, 2003

Knight of the Iron Cross
Does anyone have any ideas as to how I could add some portability to a workbench?

The workbench is nothing special, just a pine top, 100 by 19mm (2 by 4) legs and supports, a slatted shelf across the bottom and a couple of drawers tacked on after.

The reason I want it mobile is so that I can add tools and jigs to various sides at once, while storing it in a corner when not being used.

At the moment I end up dragging it around though this is cumbersome and makes the feet uneven.

I had considered adding a couple of cheap platforms to the outside legs and using a pair of scissor jacks (one at each end to lift the bench so that it is then supported by castor wheels on the lower platforms.

Ive attached a basic design of what I have planned.

Is this a foolish idea or would it be something that would work?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mordialloc
Apr 15, 2003

Knight of the Iron Cross
Image didnt attach

Only registered members can see post attachments!