Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

willjo3
Mar 5, 2004
superfluous asshole
You guys are building some really nice and good looking stuff! I'm envious.

Here's a picture of a lovely computer shelf that I finished building today. You can tell I'm inexperienced. Constructed from 2x4s, metal right-angle brackets I found at lowes, and covered in 1/4 ply to hide some of its ugliness...

Now all I need to do is stain it, and find some way to cover up all of the edges that didn't quite come out as square as I'd like. Also maybe a door of some kind...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

willjo3
Mar 5, 2004
superfluous asshole
Here's my two recent projects:

First is a new desk for my office at home. 8x3 feet, red oak plywood, with fruitwood stain to match my bookshelves, and a couple of coats of polyurethane. I used Ikea legs because they're extremely cheap and get the job done. Also, a roll 3/4 inch veneer saved the whole project from looking like extreme poo poo. Underneath, I've mounted some pegboard to achieve the wire and accessory management that seems so popular on the internet these days.

Click here for the full 800x600 image.

Second is a shoeshine kit, made with leftover wood from the desk project. Not pretty, but super functional.