Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

inspire
Nov 24, 2004
Eyyy!
Didn't see the canoe thread but if you live near the water you can try building one of these. They send you the plans and instructions (not materials) to make a small sailing boat. Never built one before but I saw it in a boating magazine here and thought it looked interesting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

inspire
Nov 24, 2004
Eyyy!
For anyone who is a semi-skilled woodworker, boat building is probably one of the most challenging and rewarding hobbies you can undertake. You will require a lot of patience and creativity in order to work around the problems you'll find in most traditional builds.

I'd suggest starting with stitch and glue construction as to me it seems to be the easiest method. You can read about stitch and glue here. And a demonstrated build here.