Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TasogareNoKagi
Jul 11, 2013

Didn't expect to take this today, but:
:toot::toot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TasogareNoKagi
Jul 11, 2013

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that's a bit above the legal limt.

Just a bit.

TasogareNoKagi
Jul 11, 2013

Reminder to the people thinking about studying for Technician that the question pool renews at the end of June this year. The broad strokes of the subject matter won't really change, but the specific questions you'll see on the test will.

TasogareNoKagi
Jul 11, 2013

If you think WiFi isn't ham radio checkout AREDN. Hello, channel -2!

(Do not use AREDN to replace your home network. Encrypting communications on the ham bands is illegal outside of very specific emergency response situations.)

TasogareNoKagi
Jul 11, 2013

RadioPassive posted:

What if you just slackened the whole thing but hung an extra weight along the length of the span?:

Use rope for the black line and antenna for the blue line?

As the tree sways, the weight will just rise and fall and the line tension should remain fairly consistent.

I am blanking on the appropriate engineering term, but doing that would put a large amount of stress on the horizontal antenna wire, and likely cause it to fail.

TasogareNoKagi
Jul 11, 2013

drunk mutt posted:

Just a reminder post, to remind, the posters of this thread, that the DMR net will be occurring at 6:00PM PT on TG 3163563

These posts for reminders will not continue beyond this one; if you want reminders, get on Discord. The schedule, in the event that it's updated, may be posted; but as of now it's Tuesday 8:00PM PT and Friday 6:00PM PT (Not in the middle of the loving Atlantic ocean).

CQ DISCORD; the only link I found a few pages back is dead.

TasogareNoKagi
Jul 11, 2013

Crusader posted:

just upgraded to my general while (remotely) attending def con; now to get hf gear i guess!

:toot::hf::homebrew:

TasogareNoKagi
Jul 11, 2013

Walrusmaster posted:

This counts as 3 contacts, right? Do I get double points for portable operation?

Key up and you might get dinner, too!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TasogareNoKagi
Jul 11, 2013

Motronic posted:

They do. Any test you take they grade and then offer you to take the next level for free if you passed. You can pay for tech and sit all three in one day if you're really on your game.

Can confirm

TasogareNoKagi posted:

Didn't expect to take this today, but:
:toot::toot: