Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

devilmonk
May 21, 2003

KD8HSR checking in. I'm not really very active at all. Mostly just monitoring/occasionally checking-in on one of the local repeater nets on 2 meter.

I do have a question though: Has anyone ever looked into or actually tried to contact the ISS on 2 meter? I've read on the internet only enough to know that the International Space Station has and monitors a 2-M radio and I know that most of the astronauts are hams.

I don't know how to go about such a thing, but I think it would be pretty drat cool to have a short chat with somebody in space.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

devilmonk
May 21, 2003

Sorry if this has been covered already: A very simple question I think: I'm looking for a reasonably priced portable/handheld 2-meter radio. It should be pretty tough, as the application would be for Bug-out-bag, emergency on the move communications.
I'm having a hard time finding what I want, so maybe you guys know where to find, or even have something for sale?
Thanks, 73's KD8HSR