Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Goon in the Mist
Jan 6, 2006

Haha, my dad and I took the test a few weeks ago. My dad's an electrical engineer, and he got his extra-class on his first try, which surprised/pissed off the crusty old hams that were running the test.

I'm going to be in China this summer (Beijing specifically), does anyone have a good way to communicate using ham across that kind of distance (china to california.) I was thinking I could use that thing where you hit a repeater that passes it through the internet over to a repeater on the other side, but I forgot what that was called (dstar? d..link? d something.)

Thanks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU