Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mCpwnage
Dec 5, 2007

Motherfuckers, If it says 55 drive 55.

BUMBACLOT posted:

I know it's not exactly South America, but my question is pretty relevant. Do any of you guys have experiences traveling Belize? I want to start my world explorations with the Americas, and I already have plenty of really good information on Mexico (and thanks to this thread, South America) but I don't really know much about Belize or the rest of Central America.

I hope I'm not too late, but I spent a day or two in Belize City. I don't know much about the city so I can't tell you much. I didn't find it particularly exciting, but this may be do to the fact I was with my family. What I can tell you, though, is that Costa Rica is where you should be going. I just got back from a month travelling there and it was amazing. Also, the island of Roaton (sp?) off of Honduras is gorgeous. I have also heard good things about Guatemala City. I would probably avoid Nicaragua. Panama is supposed to be nice, especially Bocas del Toro. I wanted to go there but didn't make it any further south than Puerto Viejo. I don't really know anything about El Salvador, sorry.

I would highly suggest Costa Rica. I can get more in depth about it if anyone would like.

DustingDuvet, I couldn't help but to chuckle at the website of The Point hostel you've mentioned. On the spanish language version, 'The Point' isn't translated. I wish it said something like 'Vengan y Quedense en La Punta'.

mCpwnage fucked around with this message at 10:02 on Jul 19, 2008

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU