Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008
i dont care how much probation i get capital letters are for squares hehe im so laid back an nice please read my low effort shitposts about the arab spring

thanxs!!!
Y'know, as a Chilean I've always been curious: What's so great about Chile for you first-world tourists anyway?
I mean- everything that you can see in the deep south as far as landscapes go (and activities like rafting and trekking, I guess) is incredibly fancy, and San Pedro de Atacama, in the middle of the desert, is another touristic hotspot, but if I'm not mistaken, foreign tourists seem to regard Chilean cities as infinitely more boring than their, say, Argentinian or Peruvian conterparts. Other than Valparaíso, I can't think of a single city that people would visit in order to actually enjoy the city rather than check at a hotel and spend most of the time on the countryside. Well, maybe Santiago, too, but you would really, REALLY need to know what you're looking for and most of it you can find at other cities in the continent anyway.
So I ask of you Goons Who Often Go Outside, what's the deal with us?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008
i dont care how much probation i get capital letters are for squares hehe im so laid back an nice please read my low effort shitposts about the arab spring

thanxs!!!

JohnnyGuadalupe posted:

Colo Colo games (And more importantly fans)
The only thing is that Chileans are super difficult to understand. Sipo, yapo and all of that.

Oh man, that reminds me of this.

Whitefish posted:

Iquitos

You've probably heard this a thousand times already, but if you're going to Iquitos (or anywhere in northeastern Peru for that matter) you'd better be carrying A LOT of bug repellent - specially if you're very white. Also if your schedule includes Ecuador, do NOT cross the border at Tumbes.

So yeah, I can only advise for the basics.

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008

thanxs!!!

September posted:

Leaving for Peru this Wednesday. I'm pumped!

I have read through the posts here and have an idea of things to do. Now I'm interested in hearing your thoughts on things to BUY. I have read that they have great Alpaca wool... great for sweating my balls off here in Texas. I've also heard they have good silver and cool hats (I think they might be bowler hats).

What are other quintessential (or cheap) Peruvian goods to watch for?

Pisco.