Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ishamael
Feb 18, 2004

You don't have to love me, but you will respect me.

ElroySmin posted:

So, I read the last SA thread planning my trip, so I might as well contribute what I can to this one. I just got back from almost 4 months travelling from Buenos Aires to Bogota (skipping some bits in between for time :(, of course), and have only now gotten around to putting up a photo album!
Anyway, this is mostly for friends and family, so alas (for you guys.. anyway, sweet for people who love my face) you'll be stuck looking at my dopey mug every 1/3rd shot or so, but it'll give you a good idea of what to expect on the gringo trail!
be warned: there are 500. i like pictures, sue me.
I halfassed location tagged them too, but it was to about the nearest province, so don't get bent out of shape if i tagged the wrong mountain range.
I'm going to work on making captions, check back soon!
Most of them were taken with a d40, a few with my olympus P&S, some of them i lost the cd/accidentally deleted them so you have to deal with facebook sized.

Onto the photos, bishes.

Great great great photos!

If you don't mind me asking, how much did the trip cost you total? I am trying to save up for something similar.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ishamael
Feb 18, 2004

You don't have to love me, but you will respect me.
Anytime I have mentioned my desire to visit Columbia (specifically Bogota) to my friend from Brazil (he has lived in the US for 6 years now), he says I am insane and should never go there, that it is common knowledge that it's one of the most dangerous places in the world.

Why is he so sure, and why is he wrong?